SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Counterpart on Starz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Counterpart on Starz Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I had this recommended to me. I do not currently have Starz but I was hoping to get more input from here and if it sounds good, add it to Amazon for a bit.

From the trailer, the plot involves JK Simmons character in two different timelines/dimensions coming together in one. They appear to be a bit different.

(If there are any other good Starz series, mention those please)

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode on the web. Looks interesting.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
We watched the first episode and we're hooked, its interesting for sure, the scenes are very well shot, especially when its the same actor interacting with himself.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The show is worth watching just for J.K. Simmons' acting alone - but there's much more than that. It's an intriguing premise, and I have high hopes for it. I've been impressed by the first two episodes.
The beginning of episode 2 is a fantastic opener. Simmons totally killed it.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is it like Fringe? That show also had a mirror universe going on which was pretty damn interesting.

From the FB ads I see of it, I get the impression that the world that does the crossing over to the other world is a pretty totalitarian place?

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like watching this show. I think JK Simmons is a great actor and plays a likeable character in most roles he plays. Of course I don't mean "Oz".

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I have watched the first 2 episodes and I like it so far. Waiting to see where they take it but it has a lot of potential.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Is it like Fringe? That show also had a mirror universe going on which was pretty damn interesting.

From the FB ads I see of it, I get the impression that the world that does the crossing over to the other world is a pretty totalitarian place?

Yes, minus any hot women such as Olivia or Fauxlivia, any action, any comic relief i.e. Walter Bishop, or otherwise interesting story line. After 3 episodes I'm still waiting for it to get good. I definitely cannot be in a reclining position while watching.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post