SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Weirdest/Strangest Concert You Saw
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weirdest/Strangest Concert You Saw Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Gorgoroth at Wacken 2008.

Dude!
I would've loved to have been at that show!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I had a distrubed audience member stand up, drop his trousers, and pee in the middle of a concert that I was conducting...does that count?

Was he shouting 'Don't eat the yellow snow'? Wink

OT: Gabriela Montero recently played Rachmaninoff's 2nd with the Austin Symphony. As an encore she improvised on 'Wild Blue Yonder'. She developed the theme ala Rachmaninoff, and finished in Ragtime style. THAT really got a standing ovation! If you can engage her for your orchestra, do it! If you know Peter Bey, ask him about it. A cameo rendition of the Venezuelan national anthem could be touching.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I think I saw Iron Maiden and I think a thing called Eddie came out on stage.

I think.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Converge at Rainfest in Seattle, 2014. Kurt Ballou played some of my favorite songs with a guitar loaded with pickups I wound. It was an indescribable experience.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
the old Aragon Brawlroom in Chicago

I saw The Clash at the Aragon in 1982.

At least I think I did. I'm still kind of unclear about that night. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In the weird but funny department, recently I saw two in one at a show in Denver - the band Okilly Dokilly is touring and they had the band Beatallica opening for them.

Okilly Dokilly is the world's only "Heavy Nedal" band, composed entirely of members who look and dress like Ned Flanders (moustaches included), with songs consisting of actual Ned quotes and Nedisms, in the form of poppy, punky, deathy, metal. It was a hoot.

And Beatallica are another metal band who sound and sort of look like Metallica, but whose songs are original mashups of Beatles and Metallica songs - like Hey Dude, and Sgt Hetfields Motorbreath Pub Band, and The Thing That Should Not Let It Be. Also fun.

And definitely weird. But in a good way.

I caught a Beatallica guitar pick, too, which is kitschy cool and one I'll use just for fun.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEvh6HSQc0

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EA_CgX2ihVg

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
Rock-em/Sock-em at the old Aragon Brawlroom in Chicago

It was a metal concert with professional wrestling matches between bands. It was so bad that people chased the wrestlers out of the ring with chairs so the next band would come out and play.

The headliner was Raven.
Went there many times in the 70's. Saw Leslie West/Mountain there several times. Heard the best ever jamming rendition of either Johnny B Goode or Roll Over Beethoven there but don't know who the band was. Maybe was West since he has a version.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Iggy and the Stooges, 1970 and 1973.

The 1970 concert was held at my high school. One night about five years ago I Googled Iggy and the Stooges, Farmington High and lo and behold there was a blog entry about the concert and how the blogger acquired photos taken that night.
I thought what are the chances I'll see anyone in them I knew? Well, I thought they would all be stage shots. They were not, there were some but probably half were taken on the gymnasium floor.

Iggy was in the crowd on the gym floor for most of his "performance". The photographer was across from where my date and I were seated. Guess who's mug is in them? And one of Iggy laying on a fuzzy white coat, that was my date's coat, that's how close we were to him.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, I would liked to have seen the Stooges back then, but I was a child at that point.

Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
On July 4, 1985 or 86 I saw the Beach Boys with 750,000 of my closest friends on the Mall in DC. Jimmy Page played guitar. They sprayed the crowd with fire hoses due to the heat. I saw at least one stabbing and a giant penis made of inflated trash bags in the air. The subway shut down at midnight, stranding many of us in downtown. Eventually I walked to the Pentagon from a metro station to catch a ride back to Crystal City. Fun times.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jethro Tull, early 70's, Thick As A Brick tour. They came out on stage in colorful animal costumes (bunny rabbit and I don't remember what else). Played entire album, took a break, then came back out (minus costumes, I think I remember), and played a lot of Aqualung and earlier stuff. One of the best shows I ever saw.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Wow, I would liked to have seen the Stooges back then, but I was a child at that point.

Both concerts were unique in their own way.......an understatement.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
In the weird but funny department, recently I saw two in one at a show in Denver - the band Okilly Dokilly is touring and they had the band Beatallica opening for them.

Okilly Dokilly is the world's only "Heavy Nedal" band, composed entirely of members who look and dress like Ned Flanders (moustaches included), with songs consisting of actual Ned quotes and Nedisms, in the form of poppy, punky, deathy, metal. It was a hoot.

And Beatallica are another metal band who sound and sort of look like Metallica, but whose songs are original mashups of Beatles and Metallica songs - like Hey Dude, and Sgt Hetfields Motorbreath Pub Band, and The Thing That Should Not Let It Be. Also fun.

And definitely weird. But in a good way.

I caught a Beatallica guitar pick, too, which is kitschy cool and one I'll use just for fun.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEvh6HSQc0

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EA_CgX2ihVg

if you like that, go over to utube and search post modern juke box,

excellent stuff,

also enjoyable is the same (PMJB) with Puddles Pity Party, (that dude can sing)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead, saw Iggy and the Stooges about 6 times between 1969-1971 when I lived in Detroit. His shows were always a surprise on what he would do.

In 1971 my then girlfriend wanted to see Alice Cooper, I heard of them but knew nothing of them. The band came on stage,started playing then Alice came out wearing 10 inch platforms, silver Lamé jumpsuit and a very blond wig with that crazy eye makeup. I thought to myself this is the ugliest woman I have ever seen not knowing this was a guy. Big Grin

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

this is incredible! thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:

this is incredible! thanks for the heads up.

Definitely. Smile

To me Okilly Dokilly is more like real / regular music mixed with some sillyness, whereas Beatallica is the reverse - mostly silly but still music. I like them both, and have even been familiar with Beatillica for more than 10yrs but I don't go around listening to them, whereas Okilly Dokilly sounds like regular music and has more playability in real life, IMO. Nice guys, too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Shovelhead, saw Iggy and the Stooges about 6 times between 1969-1971 when I lived in Detroit. His shows were always a surprise on what he would do.

In 1971 my then girlfriend wanted to see Alice Cooper, I heard of them but knew nothing of them. The band came on stage,started playing then Alice came out wearing 10 inch platforms, silver Lamé jumpsuit and a very blond wig with that crazy eye makeup. I thought to myself this is the ugliest woman I have ever seen not knowing this was a guy. Big Grin

'73, saw Iggy at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, Bob Seger proceeded Iggy, Bob's performance was "off" that night.

Iggy was mingling on the floor with the crowd, hot summer night, you literally could see the humidity condense on the floor. Anyway, some guy walks up to Iggy and says "Hey, I can be grosser than you", he bends down to the floor and picks up a cigarette butt, pops it into his mouth and starts chewing it. Iggy said "stop". The guy does. Iggy said "open your mouth". Guy does. Iggy sticks his fingers in the guy's mouth, removes said butt, pops it into his mouth, chews and swallows it. Iggy then says "Now that's gross"

I'm standing there watching the whole thing, all I could do was say "You won"

posted Hide Post
B-52s, at the Fox, on Halloween. Odd, but good crowd. 1989, I think.

One night I was in Hell at the Masquerade and an industrial band started up. They had this female dancer. At some point, the female keyboardist got up and proceeded to have an S&M show with the dancer. Wish I could remember that band. Or the rest of the night. That'd been... um... 1992 maybe.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The Horde tour. Blues Traveller was headlining but they found out Phish had just played a show the night before, about 3 hours away, invited them over, and offered them the top spot. All day event. Phish hit the stage about 1AM. I wasn't a fan but they impressed me with how technically proficient and tight they were. Seamless handoffs as each member would jam.
The highlight of the show was when they started playing "Purple Rain". The crowd went nuts and everyone whipped out the lighters. Then, the drummer, a huge ugly man in a purple MuMu wearing swim goggles, slowly walks to the front of the stage dragging an Electrolux vacuum. (I thought I was slowly going insane). He gets to the mike stand just in time for the trumpet solo. Mind you, Phish is doing a completely straight faced, note for note rendition of Prince's Purple Rain. The drummer puts the vacuum cleaner hose to his lips and plays Prince's "incredible" trumpet solo, perfectly. Nails it.
Hey, if you're going to shit on somebody else's music, talent, and reputation, that's the way to do it. Totally Savage Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to be backstage for a Black Sabbath/Cactus Concert. Apparently the road managers would place each bands drugs in a towel. Somehow the towels got mixed up and this lead to a fist fight between the bands. I didn't know the back story on this until a few years later when again I was backstage and onstage with the band Cactus. Rusty Day (Davidson) lead singer of Cactus told me the story. He was later murdered with his son execution style in Fla. in what was considered a drug debt that he didn't pay.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post