SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jack Ryan Season 2
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jack Ryan Season 2 Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
S2 E2 Naoomi Rapace. Nice.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Watched two and like it even though John Krasinski is such a pussy.

Yeah, what's up with that? Jack Ryan is no John Clark or Domingo Chavez, but he isn't the indecisive, angst-ridden wimp they portray in this series.

Oh good. I was afraid I was being a Heartless Nazi Prick because I thought his character is a cunt. To the point that I'm not at all sure I'm going to watch the whole thing.

And Greer as a Gay Muslim is not helping at all. Fucking political correctness is ruining everything.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed season 1. Season 2 was just too unbelievable. I really want my bandwidth back from streaming it.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
And Greer as a Gay Muslim is not helping at all. Fucking political correctness is ruining everything.

Gay?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed season 1, guess I'll skip this one now.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Gay?

Pretty sure, but I may have his character confused with someone else.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Gay?

Greer is not gay in the show, at least not that we have seen. The main "bad guy" assassin in S2 picks up a dude in a bar. But he only does it to use the guy as a patsy, sending him in to the cafe the next morning while he has the guy's sister.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gay?

Greer is not gay in the show, at least not that we have seen. The main "bad guy" assassin in S2 picks up a dude in a bar. But he only does it to use the guy as a patsy, sending him in to the cafe the next morning while he has the guy's sister.
Yeah, Greer wasn't homosexual, he was divorced.

He became a Muslim to marry a Muslim woman.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think the writers confused Jack Jr. with Jack Sr. or at least blended the two. Anyway, I just finished it and I rather enjoyed it. The ending is a bit ridiculous.

Isn't Tiberium what we were mining in Command and Conquer? Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm 3/4 of the way through season 2.

LOTS more eye rolling from me and lots more suspension of disbelief required compared to season one.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Half way through it and wondering why i keep watching.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I was hoping that S1 wife would be featured in S2 !! I still really enjoyed the series.

Will watch S3.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S1 Got my attention, interesting

S2 One word: Implausible

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They really need to work on their timelines. They're running around in Europe one night and South American the following day. Possible, but not plausible.

We had two related story lines running side by side, but were they on two time lines? If not, those guys were wandering around the jungle unsupported for several days with tiny little ruck sacks. Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching S2. Had to force myself and it needed to go away. Sad.

If the characters weren´t named after Tom Clancy´s series of novels nobody would even bother.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm still slogging through it, but damn!

Among the many things that make no sense to me, the most senseless is Uber.

1. He's supposed to be such an experienced Operator, but he left the boat against orders and started a whole separate shitstorm.

2. When the team leader tells them to didi and he'll lead the bad guys away, Uber disobeys a direct order AGAIN and goes looking for him. Not only that, but the two bozos with him FOLLOW HIM!

Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Watched two and like it even though John Krasinski is such a pussy.
Good writing.

I don't think his character is written well. The stories are engaging but Jack Ryan as a character, to me, is almost invisible, forgettable.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm still slogging through it, but damn!

Among the many things that make no sense to me, the most senseless is Uber.

1. He's supposed to be such an experienced Operator, but he left the boat against orders and started a whole separate shitstorm.

2. When the team leader tells them to didi and he'll lead the bad guys away, Uber disobeys a direct order AGAIN and goes looking for him. Not only that, but the two bozos with him FOLLOW HIM!

Not to mention a sitting US Senator is gunned down in an ambush, in a foreign country, and DC isn't spun-up, sending all sorts of big shots down there, while winding-up the military. Ryan would've been pulled out of country ASAP, debriefs would've been endless, the COS would've been superseded and augmented with more assets, and a LOT more wheels would've been put into motion.

I believe the only time such a thing happened, was CA Senator Leo Ryan was killed by Jim Jones' Peoples Temple tragedy at the airport in Guyana.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dunno, I'm glad it was only 8 episodes. I'd hate to have sunk more time into it.

Last time I felt this board with a series was SoA when they were chasing that baby around Ireland, and I just wanted it to end.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Spoilers...

Yeah it got stupid toward the end. Storming the presidential palace? Come on. The evil senator all along? BS. It probably would have been the CIA backing Reyes to get a piece of the mineral action, not exposing him.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post