SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Counterfeit Traitor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Counterfeit Traitor Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Now available for viewing on Hulu.

Starring William Holden and Lilli Palmer, with an international cast, this 1962 movie tells the true story of a Swedish-American in Sweden during World War II who is coerced into spying for the Allies. Filmed partly on location in Germany, Denmark and Sweden, the tale is well told (they don't make 'em like this, anymore!).

I saw this as a child when it came to town, in 1962 or 1963. Then again a few times as I grew up. I haven't seen it listed in ages, even though I remember parts of it well. The color photography is superb (Technicolor!), the story line crisp, the characters believable and well cast, and the pacing well done (it runs 2 hours 20 minutes).

This may also be available on Prime.

This makes the second great movie I've watched this weekend!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently watched it too. Very good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the disc and the wife and I watched it again just last night. Very good movie. Mariana,Mariana.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post