SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rediscovering pianists Ferrante & Teicher
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rediscovering pianists Ferrante & Teicher Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
So I searched and found Ferrante & Teicher on Amazon music today and started listening.

They are billed as the Grand Twins of the Twin Grands; although they are not related they look identical.

I saw them in concert in the late 1980s as I had to attend a certain number of concerts a month, write a review and provide the program as part of my band grade in high school.

I really enjoy these guys as the styles of music they play are eclectic.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an article about them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrante_%26_Teicher

I saw them many years ago - while performing a piece, they could swap melody and harmony in mid-stride and you'd be hard to tell the switch had happened.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I think a Ferrante and Teicher album was the very first one I ever bought. Many's the night I fell asleep to them with the headphones on.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I haven’t heard their names in a long time. I used to listen to them a lot.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Heard them in concert ages ago. Darius Milhaud’s “Scaramouche” is the piece I remember, very showy for two pianos.

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I haven't thought about them for years. I have several of their albums and enjoyed their music. I'll have to dig out those albums and give them a listen.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Teicher's daughter accompanied my senior recital. Smile

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post