SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    what happened to Hanna-Barbera
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what happened to Hanna-Barbera Login/Join 
posted
I found this to be a pretty cool summary.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
what happened to Hanna-Barbera

Scrappy Doo was the beginning of the downfall.

Posts: 19976 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to love Tom and Jerry. PC killed them both.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Interesting video, thanks for posting it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Interesting video.

I'm a Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies fan. I was never a big fan of HB cartoons, although I always liked the Flintstones and the Jetsons.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Boy, I don't know.
I've just gone through a period of learning about Tyrus Wong and his seminal contribution to Bambi; on top of a years-long admiration of the work of Pixar.

In any case, the advent of cable and hundreds of channels with need for content of any level of quality just to fill time would have meant the death of high-quality animation, most likely.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that..
Looking back i guess I was a HB fan.

Magilla Gorilla
Hong Kong Phooey
Wackey Races Especially Mutley
Quick Draw McGraw and Baba Looey
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines (1969–1971)
Captain Caveman

Also who could ever forget the weird show the Banana Splits.
No wonder I had night mares growing up.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I loved HB cartoons, bigger fan of Merrie Melodies, but I really loved most of the HB ones. Loved the Laff-a-Lympics and would watch them over and over again.

Interesting vid, thanks for posting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I went in not planning to watch the whole thing. But I found it interesting.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post