Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Endgame Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Doing my best to avoid people. Bought tickets for a show later today. 3D.

Just finished Infinity War again so it's fresh in my head.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Just got back

I enjoyed it

I didn’t think it was great

But it was good and did as good a job as could be hoped of wrapping things up

Once there is a spoiler thread I will talk more about what disappointed me and what didn’t.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. Very good, not great, but solidly entertaining finale.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Just saw it. Very good, not great, but solidly entertaining finale.

My thoughts as well.

I much preferred Civil War and Infinity War over Endgame.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I liked the use of Dear Mr. Fantasy in the film.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
It is America’s ass!

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
if you haven't watched 90%+ of the movies, Endgame will be a big "Meh" to most viewers. To those who saw the 90% ...wow.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
if you haven't watched 90%+ of the movies, Endgame will be a big "Meh" to most viewers. To those who saw the 90% ...wow.

This. That is the main reason why this movie is so good. It is the ultimate thank you to the fans, pay off for their years and fandom and loyalty, and conclusion to 10 years of incredible movie making.

Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Saw it yeasterday afternoon. Loved it.

Our Regal theaters now have assigned seats, so no need to fight with crowds looking for a good seat. A fantastic development.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Our whole crew (sans the wife, she doesn't do Marvel characters) went yesterday to the matinee, and we all thought it was a solid movie. Hated some parts of the ending, but others were very appropriate and well considered.

I liked it, and think they did a solid job.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. I loved it! I'll give you some advice though if you haven't seen it. There are no post- credit easter eggs at the end, so once the credits roll, there's no reason to stay any longer.

I wish someone would have told us that before we went. Stayed until the lights came on inside the theater and we were disappoiinted.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday. Also thought it was good but not my favorite in the Marvel series. There were a couple of plot holes that bothered me but other than that it was totally believable Wink

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I thought it was a phenomenal ending to a series of great films, closing story arcs in wonderful, if not perfect ways. Seriously loved it.

This.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

This. That is the main reason why this movie is so good. It is the ultimate thank you to the fans, pay off for their years and fandom and loyalty, and conclusion to 10 years of incredible movie making.

And this.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I agree with what has been said. If you only saw it by itself (or watched infinity war as well to understand), then the movie is just ok. If you've seen all or 90 percent of the other movies, then you'll love it. It wraps up story arcs, gives a ton of Easter eggs to previous movies, and is a thank you to the fans loyalty for following along for the last 10 years. As a stand alone, if nothing else happened, I'd say Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Civil War remain my 3 favorites.

I'll be curious to see if they try and do another Avengers movie or leave it to solo with a few minor crossover films. Also, Falcon and Winter Soldier are supposed to be getting their own series with the same actors doing it.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salty Dawg:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
If you think about it, halving the population of the universe really isn’t all that tremendous an achievement. Heck, the population of Earth has nearly doubled since 1960, when it was just under 4 billion people. Realistically, the population of the universe would probably recover in about fifty years.

If the infinity stones make him powerful enough to wipe out half the population with a snap of his fingers, why couldn't he just snap his fingers and triple the available resources so it wouldn't be an issue in the first place?

Yeah this is a major plot hole... He can literally change reality to his whim with a thought. Just make a utopia for all with unlimited resources and be done. There also can't be a fight... There is no fighting that, with a thought you are erased.

The original story his goal was to kill half the universe, not for some noble purpose, but just to prove he could to impress Death.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I figured that's why they kept with that version of the story line. Didn't want to introudce characters like death, chaos, and order as they are more abstract and powerful than thanos. Make him the supervillian that's hell on bent on solving problems by killing over doing something good like doubling resources.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wife and I saw it today and both thought it was decent but too long and a bit to much sillyness. One of my favorite parts was the last 5 minutes with Captain America.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
We saw it today. Not any better or worse than any of the others. Entertaining.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post