posted
Anybody else have their tickets yet?

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Nope. Gonna get em at the theater.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Yep, Sunday afternoon with our youngest and his friend. Our oldest and a few of his friends have tickets to the midnight opening Thursday.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Our theater sold out for all the showings long ago. We managed to get a pair for Friday, but at 10:30 showtime. Not over til 1 am. I am excited, to say the least.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
Bought mine a month ago for Saturday afternoon. I love Alamo Drafthouse. They make it easy.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Wife and I will see it on Tuesday when kids are still in school and it’s Old Fart discount day.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep! Sunday morning tickets - I believe the wife got us the earliest showing at 8:30am or 8:45am

Gonna have to limit my coffee to one cup Sunday - a hard one for me since I do enjoy my pot of coffee on Sunday mornings, but its a loooooooong movie

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Coworker took the day off months ago & got tickets as soon as they were available.

I good waiting for the commotion to die down to maybe go see it. Or wait to see it at home.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Trying to see a new release at the theatre by me is not happening, it will be sold out for a couple of weeks. We really need another theatre in town.

I want to see it, my son and I see all of the marvel movies, but it usually has to wait a few weeks.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I really didn't want to see Endgame. Infinity War had the perfect happy ending. Half the people of the world gone. No more overpopulation, crowds, taxing of resources, traffic jams, and long lines at the supermarket (or Marvel movies or Disneyland). I don't want them to undo that ending. It sounds like paradise.

However, I heard Natalie Portman might appear in it. I have to see every one of her films in the theater. I might have to take advantage of one of the late night showings. As a night owl, I love participating in those rare night events when they occur. The local drive-in theater has a 12:30 am showing. Tempting!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If you think about it, halving the population of the universe really isn’t all that tremendous an achievement. Heck, the population of Earth has nearly doubled since 1960, when it was just under 4 billion people. Realistically, the population of the universe would probably recover in about fifty years.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Coworker took the day off months ago & got tickets as soon as they were available.

Good grief...is he unmarried and single, it's a movie not a sale.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Got mine for Friday (my office is taking a "conference day" to see it) and Sunday (with the family who don't know I'm seeing it Friday, shhh!!)

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Switched to nights this week and got two tickets for Friday afternoon for me and my son.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I will see it when I see it. No desire to see it first or second week. I am seeing video clip spoilers show up on random apps. Meh. Can't spoil what I don't particularly care about. Steer clear of meme sites if you do care, though.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I need someone to tell me how many minutes into the film is a good time for a bathroom break.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
^ About the time Captain Marvel shows up and starts frowning at everyone.

Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
If you think about it, halving the population of the universe really isn’t all that tremendous an achievement. Heck, the population of Earth has nearly doubled since 1960, when it was just under 4 billion people. Realistically, the population of the universe would probably recover in about fifty years.

If the infinity stones make him powerful enough to wipe out half the population with a snap of his fingers, why couldn't he just snap his fingers and triple the available resources so it wouldn't be an issue in the first place?

Posts: 693 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The brood and I are going this evening- looking forward to it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I need someone to tell me how many minutes into the film is a good time for a bathroom break.

Oz_Shadow:

You need this app, my boy!

'Avengers: Endgame' could be perfect storm for bathroom-break app

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post