SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Became Reacquainted With A Favorite From My Youth - Peter Gabriel Plays Live
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Became Reacquainted With A Favorite From My Youth - Peter Gabriel Plays Live Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
This must rank as one of the finest live albums ever.

https://www.youtube.com/playli..._dG6paxzUjH8eTui4naa

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Was a big fan at one time, must have over a dozen albums.

The original vinyl was a double album. Later released as a single disc...

Got to love both albums in german.

All the live DVDs are excellent

In current days i find him mostly depressing.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed! Had it on CD and it was in constant rotation. Every track is great but I especially love the versions of San Jacinto and Biko.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
The original vinyl was a double album. Later released as a single disc...
0-0

Is this for sure? I see talk of single and double discs for CD and this is such a flash back, I'm thinking of shopping for it.
I'm just not sure of this or differences.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that there is a 12 song single disc and a 16 song double.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I remember he played at our school in 1982. I cut classes to get tickets and was way in the front - 6th row if I recall.

What a great show. IIRC, Tony Levin (bass) was on that tour with him.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia agrees with me. Originally released as a double album in 1983, when it showed up in CD is had fewer songs and the word Highlights added on the cover.

Less is more didn't apply in this case. Frown

0-0

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
The other day I listened to Here comes the flood, sung in German (Jetz Kommt Die Flut) and it made me smile and think of this guy Wink

0-0

Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I remember he played at our school in 1982. I cut classes to get tickets and was way in the front - 6th row if I recall.

What a great show. IIRC, Tony Levin (bass) was on that tour with him.
SIU? ‘85 grad.
Saw him a few years later at UI still ranking near #1

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post