I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
...has a great voice, a classic even.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Randy Travis is a classic. We saw him in concert 11 years ago and the show felt rather nostalgic.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
man, I love Randy Travis.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I purchased his "On the Other Hand - All the Number Ones" a few months back and I'm glad I did.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I agree. Great actor, incredible voice...just hope he can stay clean. Booze has ruined a whole lot of people.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
You may or may not know that he had a bad stroke a year or so ago. Pretty major, dont see him ever performing or recording again.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I agree. Great actor, incredible voice...just hope he can stay clean. Booze has ruined a whole lot of people.

The stroke he had took care of that, he will never be the same , he can hardly walk with out assistance. Its a shame because what a voice he had.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites was: He Walked On Water.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Randy Travis is one of my favorites. I genuinely felt bad for him when I heard he had a drinking problem. That stroke messed him up pretty bad. It's a shame he has to go out like this.

I saw him in concert years ago. He came out on stage, stood there for a second, and then let out a smooth, "Hello Darlin'" with that deep voice of his and my sister literally gasped and jolted out of her chair like she got electroshocked. She tried to recover like nothing happened but we were already laughing our heads off!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I love 'Forever and Ever, Amen".

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I always liked him very much.

I'm sorry he went off the deep end and had the severe stroke.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Just bought his Greatest Hits album because of this thread.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post