SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The next 007 has been announced...I guess we shouldn't be surprised
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The next 007 has been announced...I guess we shouldn't be surprised Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
First, they didn’t make James Bond a black female. They made 007 a black female.

I actually like the idea that someday James Bond will retire and his 00 designation will go to someone else. It also fits with the 00 concept in past movies when some of them have died it is reasonable to believe another agent takes their place.

If I remember correctly the 00 designation is given to agents given a license to kill. It’s possible that in some instances the designation would only last for a mission where the license to Kill was needed. The person assigned 004 this week could finish their mission, lose the designation, and then a new operative with a mission essential need for a license to Kill could be 004 the next week.

Second, maybe let’s actually see the movie before we declare this the death knell of the James Bomd franchise. For all you know, Bond retires in the first 5 minutes of the film, this girl becomes the new 007, is killed in minute 15, and Bond has to come back and reassume the 007 title to save the world. I hate the bullshit PC culture as much as anyone, but Christ let’s actually let them kill the franchise before we plan the funeral.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
On a related note, George Lazenby will move up the list in popularity..... Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
So who will be her Bond Girl???

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I can only imagine who or what Miss Moneypenny would be. Fkn aye!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bond movies are one of the few movies I’ll pay to see. No more. I’m done.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:

She is already a black female, established in Skyfall

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’d lost interest in the franchise. I think I’ve missed the last two Bond films. This new development certainly isn’t making me want to go see a new Bond film. But who knows, maybe it’ll be good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
As a kid, I read all the Ian Fleming “James Bond” books. Stopped reading them when Fleming stopped writing.

Regardless of what Hollywood does, the books cannot be re-written

I actually prefer Daniel Craig.

However, like the original Bond, I prefer my shower at my body temperature, but my manservant still cannot get it right. Bloody menservants today are just not up to snuff. Roll Eyes

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
So who will be her Bond Girl???

The article states that there will be no more Bond girls, only Bond women.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
OOps. Guess I missed that Bond film.

it's the best one Moore did,

the second best was The Man with the Golden Gun

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
First, they didn’t make James Bond a black female. They made 007 a black female.

Did you really feel the need to tell us that? How about giving your fellow members a little credit, eh?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll say it. I hate this. And not because I'm some misogynistic racist.

I go to watch 007 James Bond because I want to be entertained. I want to leave my droll life and identify with Bond. I want to escape for a couple of hours and pretend I'm him while watching the movie. Pretend that I'm suave, intelligent, dangerous, and attractive to females. All while doing a job to save queen and country, so to speak.

I am unable to identify with a black female in the role of 007. I will not be watching. Create a different franchise with 008 with a black female. I may watch that. But they fucked 007 for me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Alot of blow and booze went into the decision making process.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
everyone can try and spin it however they want....

if this is true, they have made James Bond a black female.

Exactly.

Her name may not be Bond, but there is no question in the motives of Hollywood; they are making James Bond into a black female, regardless of name.

Just like the superhero movies, I have no patience for this shit. I have no patience for sheer stupidity.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Aha, should have figured. I have not watched one since the days of Roger Moore and I will now def continue with that.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Make the black female Agent 003 and let her "fall in love" with a "new" black male Agent 007, "Bond, James Bond" character, then GTG.

Of course right after the first night they spend together, Agent 003 is shot by a sniper bullet meant for Agent 007 and then he's out for vengeance....

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Why couldn't they have just followed someone else with a different designation? You accomplish two things: continue the universe and don't upset the fans of the novels and movies.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Have you read some of the comments? Yes, I did feel the need to point that out based on reactions by some of the members

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

Did you really feel the need to tell us that? How about giving your fellow members a little credit, eh?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of the dude trying to settle people down at the end of Animal House, when Belushi & Co. start the riot. Big Grin

"Remain calm, all is well!!!" ............. >>trampled into the pavement<<

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aha, should have figured. I have not watched one since the days of Roger Moore and I will now def continue with that.

you should watch the Craig version,

actually pretty good

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post