SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The next 007 has been announced...I guess we shouldn't be surprised
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The next 007 has been announced...I guess we shouldn't be surprised Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
I'll just leave this here. There are some spoilers in the article.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...lashana-lynch-report

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Y'know, I would have been very happy with Idris Elba, who was reportedly the frontrunner for a while. His selection would have appeased some of the rabid leftists, without going full retard, and he's a good actor who would have excelled in the role.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
...who is black, beautiful and a woman.

So predictable. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Crash and burn!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'll run out of franchises to immolate soon enough.........I guess?

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'll just watch the old ones over and over again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing Gunsmoke is off the air. Miss Kitty would be wearing the badge.
Stupidity. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Good. I hope the left does this with all the franchises, and continues to marginalize themselves into complete and utter irrelevance.

Plus, it saves me money because I never have to go see that garbage again.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
A slightly misleading article.... this is more about a shitty script than a character change.

First off, James Bond remains James Bond, played by Daniel Craig... still male, macho, and Bond. They are not changing the character of James Bond.

This script however, calls for James to be retiring due to age and his position, and thus call sign of 007 being a signed to a new agent, who happens to be a black woman.

Now, it doesn't seem like the script of movie I would care to watch, since I like the Bond character and it seems he is being phased out but it isn't nearly freak out worthy if you read the article.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
True, but 007 is a walking stereotype, and as good an actress as I'm as sure she is, she isn't 007.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Agreed, and it will probably bomb at the box office.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackspoiltation of James Bond. I guess she will be drinking Hennessey and in a pimped out ride with expensive dubs.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
There is no reason they can't keep 007 as a male role and continue it indefinitely as they have for decades and decades.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNReBBUk_w

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Congrats. You killed the 007 series.

I'm out.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
A slightly misleading article.... this is more about a shitty script than a character change.

First off, James Bond remains James Bond, played by Daniel Craig... still male, macho, and Bond. They are not changing the character of James Bond.

This script however, calls for James to be retiring due to age and his position, and thus call sign of 007 being a signed to a new agent, who happens to be a black woman.

Now, it doesn't seem like the script of movie I would care to watch, since I like the Bond character and it seems he is being phased out but it isn't nearly freak out worthy if you read the article.

I think everyone here understands all that perfectly.

"Who happens to be a black woman." Right. Just happens to be. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Congrats. You killed the 007 series.

I'm out.

^^^ This. Stupid. Just f'in stupid.

Social justice wins again.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post