SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Extinct (new SciFi series)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extinct (new SciFi series) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Anyone watch this new Sci-Fi series?

https://www.byutv.org/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Quoted from another forum's poster:

"The central situation is that the human race became extinct at the hands of alien invaders, and 400 years later a few people were de-extincted to re-establish the human race.

One of the creators of the series is Orson Scott Card, who has done some very good literary work in the past."

Card wrote Ender's Game.

BTW the series can be watched free on line.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Link to an article with a trailer:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/2...card-extinct-trailer

Looks like something I'll check out. Nice to see some Sci Fi on "syfy"

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Loved Orson Scott Card. He wrote more than Ender’s Game.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks kinda Hunger Games-ish from the trailer.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Oh I have that channel, never heard of it before today. Gonna record the first few episodes of this show and check it out.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
First eight episodes can be watched online via the link in my opening post.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Having checked out the pilot episode, I'm in for some more.

Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the introduction to the Extinct series, and BYUTV.

I was suprised my IPad would stream the whole episode without buffering. The series Extinct, is very interesting, I have been watching an episode every night.

For some reason, I really like Extinct.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I've watched all 8 episodes. I'm hooked. What a great show.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I've watched all 8 episodes. I'm hooked. What a great show.

I agree. The Sparks, Companions, re-borns, and more all contribute to a very interesting series. I'm now wondering when the second season will be available.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yep, another show I enjoy. Hope they don't cancel this one.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Well episodes 9 & 10 just dropped. Anyone else watched yet? What did you think of the show overall? I'll take decent sci-fi anywhere I can and I've really enjoyed it. I hope to read news of a second season at some point soon.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
been recording and watching it on BYUtv

its pretty good

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just caught the last two episodes (9 & 10). Really liking the series.

I must admit the final cliffhanger has me scratching my head.., Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ditto. Just watched the last two tonight.

Now, the cliffhanger part that's confusing you.

Is it the one with the two people upstairs or wondering who Jax is looking at?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Ditto. Just watched the last two tonight.

Now, the cliffhanger part that's confusing you.

Is it the one with the two people upstairs or wondering who Jax is looking at?

LOL Both!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I thought that anyone who had these parasites in them would die when the home base crystal thingy was destroyed. Yet Jax survives. Wassupwitdat?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow after reading this thread I just spent the last 3 days watching the first 7 episodes. So far I am liking this series. I will watch the rest of the season in the next few days. Thank you for sharing this. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well according to some online sources the 2nd season for Extinct was not renewed. So unfortunately there will be no 2nd season. Too bad, I was really enjoying this show and getting into it. I really hate it when shows end with no explanation of the ending, etc. Just like how Stargate Universe ended. Just my rant. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post