SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Resident Evil 3 Remake April 3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resident Evil 3 Remake April 3 Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
Who else will be buying?

Just checked out the demo. I had already planned on getting it and I am still looking forward to it. Nemesis definitely seems like he might be a bit more of a challenge than Mr.X tho....should be interesting Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I liked RE2 Remake so I will be getting this one as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I liked RE2 Remake so I will be getting this one as well.

I gave up counting how many times I played through RE2 remake. I have a feeling this might be about the same lol.

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t get past the first zombie in the RE1 remake so I gave up on any subsequent releases.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I couldn’t get past the first zombie in the RE1 remake so I gave up on any subsequent releases.

RE1 remake did take a bit of getting used to with the controls and camera but you do get used to it fairly quickly once you get into it.

2 and 3 are a lot easier on that end. The controls and camera are a bit more "normal".

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

You have to have the Toilet Paper power up... Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's out, starting to play it now before I head in to work.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Got the game today and already finished the first play through.

So far I think it was fun. It's shorter than I was expecting, a lot shorter actually. I only vaguely remember the original but I remember a lot more puzzles than there are now, and I do remember it taking more than a couple hours for the entire game.

I will be playing a few more times tho I'm sure but kinda sadly I think RE2 Remake was a bit better.

Overall I think a 9/10. I really wish it was longer and a few more puzzles would have been nice. Also Nemesis was no where near as bad as I was expecting him to be.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I got to the sewers before I had to leave for work. It’s definitely easier than RE2:R. A lot of back tracking but that was expected.

Not minority enough!

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
A side note sort of.

If anyone would be interested, when trying to get the various bonuses in RE2 Remake, S+ ranks and special guns an all, I was having a bit of a time trying to get the minimum times for things like the hardcore runs.

I did some looking around on youtube for some "tips and tricks" type videos and most of what I found were not at all helpful.

I found a guy called Darkness.....and immediately added him to my subscription list. He does a thing called The Every mans Guide and he is a trip to watch and was very helpful for getting through things.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...h7mKjNPc-wIAQ/videos

He is going through his first run of RE3 Remake right now and has the videos up for that. They are not "helpful" guides, just normal play through vids, but I imagine he will have the same type of guides for this as well at some point.

Even if you don't want or need help getting through things, I highly recommend checking him out just for the entertainment value if nothing else. It's even more fun now being I am watching his first play through after I already finished mine. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

posted Hide Post
I'll give it a try. I really enjoyed the RE2 remake but I wish they would have remade Code Veronica.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
RE2 Remake was good. I didn't even bother trying to count how many times I played it. Big Grin

I have been through RE3 4 times now as of this post and just started on 5....but now I need to sleep for work tomorrow lol.

Hopefully not a spoiler here....it seems there are no real bonuses or perks for the S, S+ ect runs. For me at least, I am not really seeing any reason to play on anything higher than Standard or "normal" setting....other than "just because". Which is actually kinda nice really I think.

I'm sure I will still be trying hardcore at some point tho anyway....because why not I guess Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'll give it a try. I really enjoyed the RE2 remake but I wish they would have remade Code Veronica.

There’s no way they could have had Code Veronica finished by now. RE3 got to share a lot of assets from RE2 and could be done in time before having to move all new game development to the PS5 and RE8.

If there’s a game that needs a remake, Code Veronica is it. Hopefully, that’s the game they’ll work on after RE8.

Speaking of the newer Resident Evils, do you think Nicolai is working for the same organization that released the “moulded” and used Lucas Baker to keep track of the mutations at the Baker residence?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Finally finished it and now FF7 is not getting here till Tuesday so I'm going to play RE3:R again this weekend on Inferno difficulty.

This should've been a $30-$40 game. It's too short.

--
i guess not, it only unlocked nightmare. not playing through it 3 times, guess i'm done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I looked into getting this but reviews stated that some content from the original version has been removed. I never played the RE:2 remake, so I bought that instead.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Orguss, yea they did remove a bunch from the original but from my understanding, as a remake I guess they were not really trying to copy it exactly, just more of a reimagined sort of...I guess.

I can say that I have stopped counting how many times I have played through already. I actually am enjoying it more than I thought I would. It is definitely a lot shorter that I had hoped it would be. Chowser, I do agree with you on the price in that end.

I do recommend giving Nightmare and Inferno a shot. I didn't thing I would bother trying them, but it ended up being a bit more interesting. Item locations are different in both compared to the other difficulties, Inferno has no auto save and a lot less manual save points. I did manage to get through Nightmare mode with MANY tries at the final Nemi. I am still getting my butt whooped with him on after MANY...MANY hours trying on Inferno.