SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anybody remember "Rome" on HBO 12 years ago?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody remember "Rome" on HBO 12 years ago? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Rome was great. See the whole series maybe 3 times. The Wire is still the best ever, but it is dated. Getting very dated. Actually knocks it down a bit. Rome was historical so not a factor. GoT is right up there too of course.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My favorite character on Rome was the town crier, all the arm movements and way he'd read news and proclamations was just great!

"In Gaul, the renegade Mark Antony has laid siege to the city of Mutina. But salvation is at hand! The Senate sends an army led by Hirtius and Pansa. The noble patriot, young Caesar Octavian joins our generals with his own legions to crush the rebels."

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Started watching because of this thread and I'm 6 episodes in. It's a great show so far.

To bad there are only 2 seasons.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Think I tried to watch it once but didnt make it far. I will have to try again when I finish Black Sails.

The Wire is the best thing ever on TV, imo. And I personally don't think it's dated. Watched it all the way through again last year. Season 1 True Detective is also up there very high.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This series was fantastic. Just fantastic

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wait! Is the Town Crier Burt Large?

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It was a wonderful series. Here is the death of Cicero:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4Ed8vNcMif0

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
It was a wonderful series. Here is the death of Cicero:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4Ed8vNcMif0

Fantastic scene, grace and dignity in death, surrounded by every type of surreal trope imaginable.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
"Thirteenth!"

That is all. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Wait! Is the Town Crier Burt Large?

yes it is,

and another excellent show

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post