SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    another roy clark song
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another roy clark song Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/H0TMVQzC0Cg

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Mr Clark's birthplace isn't far from where I live, used to travel through Merherrin, Va, on my way to Richmond,Va .

Very talented fellow.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
They used to have something called "Keysville Day". A special train would go from Richmond to Keysville (very near Merherrin) for a big celebration there. The last one they had, Roy Clark was on the train and I got to have a long talk with him. He's a very bright and funny guy as well being a great artist.

I'll bet you a silk pajama that we're the only two forum members who have ever been to Merherrin VA.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
They used to have something called "Keysville Day". A special train would go from Richmond to Keysville (very near Merherrin) for a big celebration there. The last one they had, Roy Clark was on the train and I got to have a long talk with him. He's a very bright and funny guy as well being a great artist.

I'll bet you a silk pajama that we're the only two forum members who have ever been to Merherrin VA.

Probably so, I used to ramble around in that area a few years ago, good for you meeting Mr Clark, reinforces what I have heard about him, a very polite, down to earth person.

I am about 65 miles west of Merherrin.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

who are you giving the Jammies too??

got kin in So Boston and Halifax, been thru Meherrin probably once a month from the time I was born until I was old enough to drive,

remember seeing that steam engine a few times making the trip (RR runs next to 360 most of the way)

was thru there last about a year ago,
my mother made the drive last week

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
dang did we really dress like that in the 70's

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
dang did we really dress like that in the 70's

Not 'we'.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't need to be said, but some very impressive pickin'.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I think the cap is covering up the time Roy's hair plugs were settling in.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post