SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bogart's Sahara on Amazon Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bogart's Sahara on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
Watched it the other day and really enjoyed it. I especially loved the M3Lee

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I rarely like movie remakes but the one they did on this movie with Jim Belushi was very good.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The first copy of this movie I ever acquired turned out to be a bootleg copy DVD.
The giveaway was when I was looking at the cover artwork, and.... is that an F-15?

I wasn't aware of the 1995 remake... apparently it was for Aussie TV.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I was always taken by the way that they worked so many Allies into the film.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Seen both. I prefer the Bogart film.

Like Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, a reflection of another time and the sentiments of the writers.

The 1995 version with Belushi, isn't that bad, it's watchable.

Not to be confused with the other Sahara movie - the Clive Cussler adaption, with McConaughey/Zahn/Cruz.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I was seriously disappointed in the Cussler Sahara. It was virtually unwatchable. Disappointing because I was always a fan of the Dirk Pitt series (at least the earlier ones, until he brought Pitt's kids into the mix).

I didn't know about the Belushi remake of Bogart's Sahara, I'll have to try to find that. Bogart's version is one of my favorite movies (as is Action in the North Atlantic).

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I was seriously disappointed in the Cussler Sahara. It was virtually unwatchable. Disappointing because I was always a fan of the Dirk Pitt series (at least the earlier ones, until he brought Pitt's kids into the mix).

I didn't know about the Belushi remake of Bogart's Sahara, I'll have to try to find that. Bogart's version is one of my favorite movies (as is Action in the North Atlantic).

I take it you're a Bogart fan. Look for a copy of "In a Lonely Place" - 1950.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was seriously disappointed in the Cussler Sahara. It was virtually unwatchable.

I liked it. I don't think that Steve Zahn was cased correctly as Al G.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I remember watching the Bogart version on tv over 50 years ago. It made me so thirsty. I think I drank water the entire time I was watching.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Cussler's Sahara obviously has nothing to do wiuth the Bogart film.
Sadly, it didn't have much to do with his book, either.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
I was seriously disappointed in the Cussler Sahara. It was virtually unwatchable.

I liked it. I don't think that Steve Zahn was cased correctly as Al G.

Yeah, kind of like casting Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. I always pictured Al G as a big burly ex-Navy Chief sort of guy.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post