SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast. Login/Join 
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Andy Garcia , playing the role of an Italian , crack shot , made that extremely enjoyable.

initially the OIL & WATER mix..... with Sean Connery.= edgey

Andy is of Cuban ancestry.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 181 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Sean Connery is tops in that movie. they send one of your's to the hospital you send on of their's to the morgue that's the Chicago way. "Carry a badge/ then carry a gun"It's one of my all time favorite movies.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've been here 5 years and never read through this thread. A shame...how very cool to be given your nickname and CUT by Sir Sean Connery.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Dont feel bad. Ive been around since 2006 and I NEVER clicked on this thread either. In fact, this time was an accident because I was clicking on the thread below it..

FN...that is just a boatload of awesome right there! Always just figured the CUT was from your Tropper days. Never knew.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! how did I miss this... I own this movie on VHS, DVD, and still watch it every time its on TV..I just watched it a week ago as matter of fact..

Thats awesome you were there and able to interact with these guys...

Hat's off to you Sir!

Posts: 956 | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Enjoying it right now, happiness is waking up at 7 am on a Saturday morning and finding this movie is just starting.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Wow, clicked on by accident and feel silly as did others who missed it until now.
You da man, Constable!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Thanks to all for the kind words.

WHERE in MT Mr. Draper?? If you are anywhere near Helena or Gt Falls I'm relatively closeby. Only issue...Leaving to visit my Mom in NJ on Tuesday the 9th.

FN in MT

I just now read this (in February 2016) and was all like "Son of a gun! The Constable was in town. Wish I'd realized that- would have tried to meet him for a meal or a cold one!"

Then I thought about it and observed that he was here in July of 2013.

Almost three years ago.

This is a thread with some serious staying power!

Frank - if you do come back to NJ, give me a heads-up. I'd like to meet you. Email is in profile.

-motor59
(another former Somerset Co. copper)

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I have looked past this thread forever, and finally decided to see why it's been stickied. Awesome pictures. I have never seen Untouchables and did not know who Elmer Keith was, but now am going to watch Untouchables and am reading about Elmer Keith. Glad I finally clicked!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I just found this thread from The Constable’s other post.

Great Pictures and thanks for sharing them and life’s story.

Para: Thanks for keeping this Alive.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
How did I not see this sooner? Better late than never. Big Grin

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's understandable. It's only been a sticky for a little over 5 years. Big Grin

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Here's a few more that a friend recently gave me. Me and Connery talking while walking back from the set one day.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

The guy on the right is a local SO Deputy doing security. Didn't trust me with Connery I guess?

The horseback photo was a promo photo.

Getting ready for the bridge, shootout scene.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
This thread is still awesome after all this time. The picture of you with SSC walking back on the road looks like it could be in the movie as well.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I love this thread. Classic.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching it now on epix. I am introducing my kids to it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Speaking of kids, is is just me or was the first season on “Stranger Things” better than the second ? I’m on episode 6 so far of season 2

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAEIndustries:
Speaking of kids, is is just me or was the first season on “Stranger Things” better than the second ? I’m on episode 6 so far of season 2

Wrong thread. Try this one: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5170013234

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Thanks mom!

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post