SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast. Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
The Elmer Kieth story is icing on the cake FN! Very cool photos and stories.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1Lowtrk
posted Hide Post
I and my 1929 Hudson where extras in this movie and Road to perdition. My time in the Pullman hotel was pretty cool.Actually got to do a little acting but ended up on the cutting room floor.It sounds like fun but really boring.
Extra's in the union station scene (Untouchables)

Waiting to go as back round (untouchables)

My wife was not very good with the camera.
Took forever to find the pictures

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1Lowtrk,

Posts: 247 | Location: Burbank ill | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too Many Concussions
Picture of buckmaster
posted Hide Post
FN, good on you!! Great post about your two very special experiences. Hell, I had ton of fun just reading your posts.

Freedom is not Free. God Bless Our Military and the CIA

Support the NRA
Romans 8:28

Posts: 4274 | Location: I really don't know anymore | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226blackwater
posted Hide Post
Great thread!! Congrats Constable!! Some of the greatest lines ever in that movie.

God, family, country
Patriot Guard Riders
P-226 Blackwater
P-229-Black .40
P-225
NRA Life Member
Ohio Gun Collectors Association

Posts: 639 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This is one of the best threads I've read in a while. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many members have passed this thread by because they think it's about a Brian DePalma film?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I wonder how many members have passed this thread by because they think it's about a Brian DePalma film?

Feel free to change the title to anything You wish.

I'm happy so many members are getting a kick out of the story and the pictures!

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Wow, you look like you fit right in the cast. At first glance I thought that was from the movie ....

That was my impression as well. Fantastic stuff!

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doveryai,
no proveryai.
Picture of SIG_P226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ha Ha, right on.

.)))*"((((((( *¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*
>>> o <<<
.\___~___/
Get some, then get some more ... ST10
Success in handgun marksmanship is about operating the pistol, not hitting the target. - Bruce Gray
Knowledge is power, ONLY when you share it. - Me
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3662 | Location: Cop Land | Registered: September 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
EPIC! What a neat experience. Thanks for sharing the pictures Constable.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
That's cool. I liked that movie a lot. Costner was somewhat stiff but Connery's acting made up for it.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
Awesome picture.

"The Constable."

A nickname from Sean Connery. You sir, are the most interesting man in the world. Screw that dude on the Does Equis commercials.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andy Garcia and the shot on the stairs.

Deniro as Capone.

Great movie. Great story on the picture.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Not bad for a Jersey boy!

Congrats on the CUT.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit me with the
high beams, baby
Picture of wheeler10k
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Bendable,

Now THAT just hurt! I can take the G Man, I can even understand the "Simon and Simon" guy...But Gallagher!! Ouch. OUCH.

FN in MT

That was harsh. Big Grin

Posts: 1007 | Location: Fortune's Happy Acre | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for sharing that story. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
That was the last movie I saw at the Columbia Theatre in Atlanta (the only 88mm theater at the time). The slow motion scene in the train station on the stairwell still gives me chills to this day!

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
As my kid might say - Awesomesauce! Thanks for sharing Frank...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
At first when I looked at that picture I thought the production designed REALLY screwed up continuity

lmao

That is a great keepsake and quite possibly one of the best 30's era gangster movies ever made. I rank it right up with modern gangster movies like "The Departed"

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darkpassenger
posted Hide Post
Great movie and a heck of a cast, like Sean Connery with this line as Malone: "Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight."

Still sounds cool even if you were bored.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger: to live underground for years, change from a grub to a flyer in no time, mate and die. I dream they lament the days spent in the dark.

Posts: 1246 | Location: A Virginian in Central Florida | Registered: September 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post