SIGforum
Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1390079952

August 04, 2011, 09:22 AM
Turbo216
Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast.
Quite possibly the coolest pic ever!

You still on with the patrol? My little brother just lateraled over from FWP, he graduates the academy next month.

Hater of fun since 2001!
August 04, 2011, 10:34 AM
FN in MT
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
Quite possibly the coolest pic ever!

You still on with the patrol? My little brother just lateraled over from FWP, he graduates the academy next month.

Negative. Retired in late 2007. Thirty two in the cop game is enough. Your Brother will like it. Good Agency, well run, and they care about the men, not just a budget or some Political BS.

Best of Luck to him.

I'm happy everyone is getting a kick out of this. Have I ever posted the shots of me and Elmer Keith from 1979??

FN in MT
August 04, 2011, 10:34 AM
Jim Shugart
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo216:
Quite possibly the coolest pic ever! . . .

Indeed it is. Hell, I saved it and I don't even know you. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
August 04, 2011, 10:49 AM
ScreamingCockatoo
Wow, what an opportunity!

And the movie is also a favorite of mine.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
August 04, 2011, 10:56 AM
Jim Shugart
George Stone: Where is Nitti?
Ness: He's in the car.

Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
August 04, 2011, 12:18 PM
jjkroll32
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That's cool enough to earn you a CUT.

May I kindly suggest "The Constable" Razz

I like it

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
August 04, 2011, 12:54 PM
tlbailey1
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Have I ever posted the shots of me and Elmer Keith from 1979??

FN in MT

No, but it would be a whole lot cooler if you did! (Here I was thinking, how could this guy get any cooler?)

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.

August 04, 2011, 01:18 PM
jehzsa
quote:
"The Constable"

X

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
August 04, 2011, 02:18 PM
firemancjack
Holy buckets! To meet the cast AND get a nickname from Sean Connery. I could just hear him say it too! In that delightful Scottish voice he has! I love his voice as much as his acting. Congrats to you Sir!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!" ( Fletcher in The Outlaw Josie Wales)
August 04, 2011, 02:43 PM
ShneaSIG
FT in MT, don't forget to pick your CUT, constable. (see Parabellum's offer on page 1)

Very cool picture!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
August 04, 2011, 05:01 PM
FN in MT
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
FT in MT, don't forget to pick your CUT, constable. (see Parabellum's offer on page 1)

Very cool picture!

I'm ashamed to say...I have NO IDEA what a CUT is.
August 04, 2011, 05:14 PM
sdf
Pretty cool. I watched that flick repeatedly as a teen.
August 04, 2011, 05:37 PM
Otto Pilot
quote:
quote:

Very cool picture!

Frank, you see where it says "member" under your name when you post? That's a "user title". You see where it say "Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet" under mine, or "Reperessed" under SchneaSIG's? That's a Custom User Title or CUT. Now you can have your own special handle (which has to be earned).

And I think The Constable, or Constable would be perfect in light of that picture.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
August 04, 2011, 05:45 PM
jehzsa
For Christ's sake, man! That was Sean Connery who gave you that title!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
August 04, 2011, 06:07 PM
FN in MT
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
quote:

Very cool picture!

Frank, you see where it says "member" under your name when you post? That's a "user title". You see where it say "Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet" under mine, or "Reperessed" under SchneaSIG's? That's a Custom User Title or CUT. Now you can have your own special handle (which has to be earned).

And I think The Constable, or Constable would be perfect in light of that picture.

Custom User Title...Got it!

"The Constable" certainly works for me.

FN in MT
August 04, 2011, 06:29 PM
Replacement Tommel
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
quote:

Very cool picture!

Custom User Title...Got it!

"The Constable" certainly works for me.

FN in MT

+1

Let's see the pic of Elmer Kieth... Big Grin

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"
August 04, 2011, 06:59 PM
FN in MT

Center of pic his American Handgunner award, off to the left his daily carry 4" M-29 is sitting on its side. This was in his home.

All of these taken at Mr. Keiths home late September 1979. The shots of he and I were all taken in the smaller building aprt from the main house that he called "the cabin". Full of big game trophies, and his desk where he did his writing.

FN in MT
August 04, 2011, 07:15 PM
tlbailey1
That is just sweet! Oh, and for your CUT, I would start a thread in the SIGforum Office titled "CUT" or something or another.

Being as bad-ass as you are, and sure you don't need reminded, but I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do. It goes a loooong way to be sure to say please and thank you to Para in that thread, for bestowing you a CUT.

There have been a few members who have 'earned' one, and then when they requested it didn't even say please or thank you and that's a quick way to get it revoked.

Again, not assuming you wouldn't, but I'd hate to see a CUT taken away from you because of it, as you rightly deserve the CUT Constable!!

August 04, 2011, 07:17 PM
Ian111
Wow, I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. I thought it was gonna be just another thread about a movie we've all seen a thousand times. You need to re-title this thread. "Click here to see pics of sheer awesomeness" Cool

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens
August 04, 2011, 07:18 PM
parabellum
Frank, you do the great state of Montana proud.

quote: