Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Logan Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else jacked up to see this movie? Early reviews are 90+ percent positive, and while I've had a love/hate relationship with the X-Men series, I definitely am going to see this one. At least no one will be using mutant powers to move a stadium

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I am pretty psyched. But, I have been burned on previous Wolverine movies. As a result, I am cautiously optimistic due to the "R" rating it desperately needed.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am excited. I hope this is finally a movie worthy of the Wolverine character. So far the best Wolvy scene was in the truly awful Xmen Apocalypse movie last year, great to see a truly feral Wolverine berserker rage.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Coworker & I already have tickets for tomorrow.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even the very favorable reviews kind of do a "WHOA this one is really gory!"

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will have it when it comes out on BD.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Yeah, already have tickets for tomorrow night.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it, wished they could have made this quality of a Wolverine movie 10 years ago.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, this is an R-rated Marvel movie, which allows it to be more like the comics. Kind of ironic.

Logan is interesting. It's considered to be the last movie in the Wolverine trilogy, but is more of an off-shoot because it exists within the alternate timeline created by the events in X-Men: Days of Future Past rather than the original timeline that includes the first two Wolverine movies. I just wanted to throw that out there as a distraction.

The movie is set in the near future, where mutants no longer exist. It's let on that genetic weapons were developed to target mutants and kill them. How Charles Xavier survives this isn't explained. Logan being Logan, it's easy to understand how he'd survive something like this. In any case, they're exiles--living in seclusion while still interacting with the world (Logan is a limo driver). Logan's only mission in life is to keep Xavier safe. When the girl with claws and bad attitude, Laura, is suddenly thrust upon him, he's reluctant to take her in. That all changes when Pierce, the guy with the cyborg hand, shows up demanding Logan turn over Laura to him.

This was definitely a bad-ass Marvel movie--one of the best. Because of the R rating, Wolverine and Laura's attacks are brutal and frequent and, quite frankly, enjoyable to watch. The relationship between Logan and Xavier is very personal.

Right now, I can't really think of what to say other than to suggest fans of the X-Men series go see it. It easily surpasses all previous, save perhaps First Class.

There is no after-credit scene--which is fitting for this finale to the Wolverine saga. There is, however, a hilarious pre-movie non-trailer featuring Deadpool.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night, finally a Wolverine movie the way he should have always been portrayed. Great movie.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. Pretty fucking great!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Just saw it. Pretty fucking great!

Sums it up well. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
We hit the 11am show & there were only about 20 people there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
I'm very excited to see it, and is rumored that this Patrick Stewart's last time in a wheelchair as Professor Charles Xavier, and sadly is Hugh Jackman's final film as Wolverine.

I really need to find a way to see it soon.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the theater. Got to say it was all I had hoped for. Thumbs way the fuck up!!
Logan's run for the roses was epic.

posted Hide Post
I saw and liked it. It was a slower movie than the others,in my opinion, as I guess they wanted to tell more of a story than just filling it with action/violence.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
There is no after-credit scene--which is fitting for this finale to the Wolverine saga. There is, however, a hilarious pre-movie non-trailer featuring Deadpool.

Saw it last night. Thanks for the after-credit pro tip (my bladder thanks you too). I saw people looking at me like I was crazy for leaving when the credits came on. Joke was on them.

I really liked it. Wolverine berserker style (snikity, snikity, snik) was a lot of fun to watch.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about this and realized something:

**SPOILER ALERT**
Because Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart don't want to reprise their roles as Wolverine and Xavier, they won't be featured in the upcoming Infinity War movies. I would assume that means we won't see any of the X-Men, which would be a shame. I don't want the movies to limit us to seeing only the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My 14 year old is a major Avengers/Wolverine fan. I try to keep him away from 'sex' in movies but am more lenient on the violence - we usually see movies/play videogames together and then talk about them.

Any recommendations on whether the R on this one is strong enough to say "no"?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of F-bombs in the movie along with all the people getting sliced and diced. So view with a youngster at your own discretion.