Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Logan Login/Join 
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to go see this movie tomorrow. I'm sure I will be pondering the movie details for days afterwards.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
My 14 year old is a major Avengers/Wolverine fan. I try to keep him away from 'sex' in movies but am more lenient on the violence - we usually see movies/play videogames together and then talk about them.

Any recommendations on whether the R on this one is strong enough to say "no"?

In addition to what Orguss mentioned there is also a set of boobs that get flashed.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
quote:
My 14 year old is a major Avengers/Wolverine fan. I try to keep him away from 'sex' in movies but am more lenient on the violence - we usually see movies/play videogames together and then talk about them.

In addition to what Orguss mentioned there is also a set of boobs that get flashed.

Oh yeah, forgot about the bachelorette party in the limo.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
quote:

Oh yeah, forgot about the bachelorette party in the limo.

And at 14 I guarantee he has seen boobs.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just thinking about this and realized something:

**SPOILER ALERT**
Because Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart don't want to reprise their roles as Wolverine and Xavier, they won't be featured in the upcoming Infinity War movies. I would assume that means we won't see any of the X-Men, which would be a shame. I don't want the movies to limit us to seeing only the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Those are different Marvel Universes run by different studios so you wouldn't see it anyway. Ever notice how there are two totally different quicksilvers? The wise cracking kid in the Xmen movies and the Eastern European one that dies in Age of Ultron. Totally different universes. Disney owns the intellection property for avengers and crap and Fox owns Xmen and Fantastic 4. Sony basically loaned out Spidey to Disney.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Spoiler....

Wolverine Origin already established that an adamantium bullet wouldn't kill Wolverine, it could screw his brain up, but he would still heal, so that wouldn't necessarily take out evil Wolverine.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That original bullet did a lot less damage, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Spoiler:

Did I understand Logan correctly, that his adamantium was poisoning him?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
That is correct.

His healing factor was slowing down and the admantium was poisoning him.

One of the first things I thought of when he was limping around was the line from "Deadpool" about how bad the superhero landings were on the knees.

Great movie really well done.

Possible spoiler
I wish they had filled in a little more on what was supposed to have happened with the Winchester incident and the subsequent decline/elemination of mutants.

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Spoiler:

Adamantium is extremely poisonous, which is why Logan is the only person capable of being infused with it. His healing factor counteracted the poisoning.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
In the comics when Magneto ripped his adamantium out, his healing factor went off the charts. He became even more indestructible without his healing factor In a constant battle with his metal sskeleton.

I wish there would been more story on the evil Wolverine.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Spoiler:

Adamantium is extremely poisonous, which is why Logan is the only person capable of being infused with it. His healing factor counteracted the poisoning.

So for 200-300 years you get to be the baddest ass on the planet. Indestructible. Undefeatable.
Yah, you suck at relationships but you never have a hangover.
I'm in.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question: How is that girl ever going to grow if she has adamantium on her skeleton?

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Question: How is that girl ever going to grow if she has adamantium on her skeleton?

It is not on her skeleton, only claws......so far.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I saw it today. Good movie.

but: spoiler:

Am I the only one who saw the political angle of Hispanic kids running for the Canadian border where they would be "safe"?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
I saw it today. Good movie.

but: spoiler:

Am I the only one who saw the political angle of Hispanic kids running for the Canadian border where they would be "safe"?

No, you are not alone.
"But forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.....er, Hollywood"

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stu1000rr:

I wish they had filled in a little more on what was supposed to have happened with the Winchester incident and the subsequent decline/elemination of mutants.

Just got home from seeing it, awesome!!! But as to the above quote I wonder if it leaves room for a "backstory" film telling what went on?

That girl, Dafne Keen, was great! I thought she was able to convey quite a bit through just her look. I really enjoyed this film, glad I saw it on the big screen too.

**Spoiler*.
Is the bit of Deadpool prior to the opening credit true for all locations/showings?

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
In the comics when Magneto ripped his adamantium out, his healing factor went off the charts. He became even more indestructible without his healing factor In a constant battle with his metal sskeleton.

Which one? I thought he went downhill when it got ripped out on Greymalkin or whatever orbital base was. Been a long time since I read that one though.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:
quote:
Spoiler:

So for 200-300 years you get to be the baddest ass on the planet. Indestructible. Undefeatable.

Logan was born in the 1880s. He didn't have adamantium until he became a subject of the Weapon program, sometime in the Fifties. And Logan can get drunk and be sedated by drugs. They have to be taken in extremely large doses, though.

quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Which one? I thought he went downhill when it got ripped out on Greymalkin or whatever orbital base was. Been a long time since I read that one though.

The only time I can think of, back in the early '90s, Wolverine's healing ability became severely limited after the adamantium was forcibly removed from his skeleton. I know of no other time he lost his adamantium, nor of an explosive increase in his healing factor.

posted Hide Post
And Pierce was a big letdown as a villain. He seemed to go down easy a lot.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post