Find
Notify
Tools

Logan Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain he's just a guy with a cybernetic attachment on his forearm. Remember, there are no more mutants in the world. He and his band of human warriors are going up against the Wolverine. Tell me, when has that ever gone well for the opposition?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Well, that movie was dark. Lol.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Well, that movie was dark. Lol.

God, gloriously dark. I was super entertained by it.

If anything, I wish it would have been longer. It held me like none of the others. And of course with this being the last one none of the glorious dangles will be answered. So much backstory between this and First Class II that totally could have used further exposition. I would have been down for at least another half hour.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My only wish is that logan had reprised charles school androle in canada. Like he does in so many missing charles time lines. He could have done that a broken down man.

My hope is that they do not pull some turd bucket no acting talent actress to play an older version of his daughter. For some reason i think we are going to be shown jlo as wolverine ess.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doc45:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stu1000rr:

Is the bit of Deadpool prior to the opening credit true for all locations/showings?

I saw it over in UAE and no Deadpool bit.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
We went and saw it over the weekend, and it was GREAT.

SPOILER...

As noted

Originally posted by Paragon:
I saw it today. Good movie.

but: spoiler:

Am I the only one who saw the political angle of Hispanic kids running for the Canadian border where they would be "safe"?

When the bad guys/mutant creator/controllers were after them, do you think they would stop at the boarder, and why would they be safe there????

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:

SPOILER...

As noted

Am I the only one who saw the political angle of Hispanic kids running for the Canadian border where they would be "safe"?

When the bad guys/mutant creator/controllers were after the

m, do you think they would stop at the boarder, and why would they be safe there????

Because a group was waiting for them.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

SPOILER...

As noted

m, do you think they would stop at the boarder, and why would they be safe there????

Ahhhhhhhh sounds good, (and I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer)
and a way for the next gen wolverine movie to begin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archerman,

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The only time I can think of, back in the early '90s, Wolverine's healing ability became severely limited after the adamantium was forcibly removed from his skeleton. I know of no other time he lost his adamantium, nor of an explosive increase in his healing factor.

This is probably the run I was thinking of too. Homeboy ends up in a real bad way when his adamantium is removed, and any time he goes balls-out-claws-out, he almost bleeds to death. Hehe. That was a rough time for him.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The only time I can think of, back in the early '90s, Wolverine's healing ability became severely limited after the adamantium was forcibly removed from his skeleton. I know of no other time he lost his adamantium, nor of an explosive increase in his healing factor.

This is probably the run I was thinking of too. Homeboy ends up in a real bad way when his adamantium is removed, and any time he goes balls-out-claws-out, he almost bleeds to death. Hehe. That was a rough time for him.

There were some marvel books where magneto had removed his adamantium. The process drove him completely feral. His senses and his healing factor were not boosted, he was just more intune with them. He only had grunts for vocalizations and almost no self awareness.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

SPOILER...

As noted

When the bad guys/mutant creator/controllers were after them, do you think they would stop at the boarder, and why would they be safe there????

Well, everybody is terrified of Canada.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Isn't Logan Canadian?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Isn't Logan Canadian?

Only technically. His memory has been wiped so many times it's hard to say. I would say he's more "North American". lol

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw yesterday with my son and nephew. One of my favorite Marvel movies to date. One thing I noticed was that the nurse and Laura were staying at the Statue of Liberty Motel. Prior to that a seemingly out of touch Charles tells Logan, "they are waiting for you at the Statue of Liberty." Logan takes it to mean the incident in the first movie at the Statue of Liberty.

I had a few distractions with the boys so I missed the Stan Lee cameo. There seemed to be a few Easter eggs in there. Will definitely need to see it again.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Saw Logan on Friday morning. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and I look forward to seeing it again when it comes out on DVD.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys noticed the farmer dad was in ER tv show? He was the black doctor that was hard on Noah Wyle's character.

That limo for just being a limo looked pretty hardcore on taking damage. lol

Posts: 809 | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stzd8:
You guys noticed the farmer dad was in ER tv show? He was the black doctor that was hard on Noah Wyle's character.

Don't forget Coming to America:

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
quote:
Originally posted by stzd8:

Don't forget Coming to America:

Henry, I thought the same when I watched Logan. I was waiting for the farmer's family to pull off this couch gag.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

SPOILER...

As noted

Ahhhhhhhh sounds good, (and I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer)
and a way for the next gen wolverine movie to begin.

According to IMDB trivia, there's a vague hint buried in the credits that the group waiting for the mutant kids at the Canadian border is Alpha Flight.

AF would make sense, b/c since AF is a government entity, they would be loathe to breaking international laws by conducting illegal operations on US soil. Also, do you think the Reavers would be intimidated by having to face the RCMP? AF would certainly give them pause.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
And Pierce was a big letdown as a villain. He seemed to go down easy a lot.

Well, he's only human. Wink

Spoiler?

I believe the Westchester incident is when Xavier had his first seizure? And it killed all the mutants there. Logan would obviously heal from it. Westchester is where the mansion is located.

That's my guess.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post