Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild turkeys Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I live in the suburbs with a few farms scattered about. When I was a kid, I never saw wild turkeys or even groundhogs roaming around. Now, I occasionally see turkeys and more often see groundhogs. There is even a family of groundhogs living under a shed at my mom's house.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have two different flocks walking around our downtown residential neighborhoods. I hear them clamoring in their roost before gliding down one by one. They will walk up a steep hill far enough
to be able to float down to their tree to roost for the night.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They will walk up a steep hill far enough
to be able to float down to their tree to roost for the night.

these trees were next to a creek , in between two large hills.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
As God as my witness...

Wink

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
On my house last week

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post