SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    It's almost here! TWIN PEAKS!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's almost here! TWIN PEAKS!!!! Login/Join 
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I thought number 5 was going to come out last night damnit!

What about the burnt looking spirit dude that is sitting in the jail cell then fades out with it's head floating up into the air!? (early in episode 2)

I think that's the log lady's husband. The spirit of the log if you will.

So far the most stressful part to watch is Cooper up in that satellite thing out in space with the blind lady and whatever the hell that is banging away. Recognize Major Brigg's big head floating by saying "Blue Rose" ??!!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Soooo does one need to watch all the TV episodes or will the prior Movies get one up to speed? Or do you need to watch all?
Confused

The show is more important than the movie, Fire Walk With Me. All of season one and the first and last several episodes of season two are essential if you're going to have a clue what's going on. FWWM adds a few things and emphasizes a few things in helpful way, but it will do little to help you really understand what's going on, relatively speaking.

quote:
What about the burnt looking spirit dude that is sitting in the jail cell then fades out with it's head floating up into the air!? (early in episode 2)

It could represent Bob, or the thing that broke out of the glass box. Or they could be one in the same. Lynch used a somewhat similar looking character in Mulholland Drive to represent darkness/ugliness/evil, I think.

It could also be somewhat of a red herring. Lynch inserts a lot of things that seem like they might be important which may never be referenced again. For example, in episode one of the current season, at Buella's place, when Darya and Ray come out to meet Cooperganger in the living room, they each hand a small piece of paper to a deformed man strapped in wheelchair, sitting there in the dimness. I don't know that that was supposed to represent anything in particular, and I don't hold much hope it will ever be explained. It could be something done just to add to the overall surrealism of the scene and to give you the sense that a lot of things are going on you don't and can't understand. I loved that scene, just for the madness of it.

EDIT: It's when Ray and Darya are about to leave with Cooperganger that they hand the papers to wheelchair guy. It seems they came into the room carrying them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
If you have the TV channel "Axs" and like Lynch's musical tastes, check out "The Music of David Lynch." It's a benefit concert with some pretty good covers of music from his movies, and, TP It features a handful of musicians, including a smoking hot, sultry Chrysta Bell, a.k.a. FBI agent Tamara Preston. She collaborated with Lynch on a couple of albums.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
OK I'm going to bail on 2017 until I get up to speed.
I've watched TV episodes 1 and 2 so far.
Seems normal and I see some of the characters in 2017.
I know I need to go a lot further.
I still don get the double Agent Coppers or understand the other bizarre shit such as the red/zig sag room or the incoherent ramblings but perhaps I will with time and more experience with the series.
Wish me luck. Eek

PS the girls in the original > Sheryl Lee, Madchen Amick, Sherilyn Fenn, and Lara Flynn Boyle are all cuties in their prime. Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yes, it takes time for the elements to develop. They'll be introduced little by little.

And yes about the ladies - so many hotties.

Even Heather Graham!

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm thinking it's more along the line of Cooperganger's victims. I'm not entirely sure what happened to him to get to this end or how this will connect back to the story.

Something else to help understand a David Lynch story is he pictures things as a puzzle in some other room that someone pulls a piece out and throws to you. It could be beginning, middle, or end. It could be an important piece of the picture or a part of the dull border. He doesn't mention (or someone hasn't ask him yet) if that douchebag throws you the all of the puzzle pieces or if the only pieces you get look like a modern art masterpiece like Pvt. Pyle.

quote:
The show is more important than the movie, Fire Walk With Me. All of season one and the first and last several episodes of season two are essential if you're going to have a clue what's going on. FWWM adds a few things and emphasizes a few things in helpful way, but it will do little to help you really understand what's going on, relatively speaking.

True. It's been mentioned that they're also going to fill in the Blue Rose part of Fire Walk, but I get a feeling it'll be explained better and later in the season that Fire Walk ever did.

quote:
I don't know that that was supposed to represent anything in particular, and I don't hold much hope it will ever be explained. It could be something done just to add to the overall surrealism of the scene and to give you the sense that a lot of things are going on you don't and can't understand. I loved that scene, just for the madness of it.

I figure it deals more with Cooperganger's criminal empire. Leland Palmer might have been a lawyer and could do some fun stuff within Ben Horne's empire, but there's no way he has anywhere near the potential of a FBI Special Agent on the scale of a Dale Cooper.

quote:
OK I'm going to bail on 2017 until I get up to speed.
I've watched TV episodes 1 and 2 so far.
Seems normal and I see some of the characters in 2017.
I know I need to go a lot further.
I still don get the double Agent Coppers or understand the other bizarre shit such as the red/zig sag room or the incoherent ramblings but perhaps I will with time and more experience with the series.
Wish me luck.

Something to help you survive Season 2 after you learn who kills Laura Palmer is only follow Cooper's plot line and the ones that interest you. Ignore Andy/Lucy if you don't want to be responsible for a DV Assault when someone at home asks how you're doing (that could just be me). James eventually goes on a roadtrip that you can skip all together, and you can pop in and out of Nadine's story all season. That should help you survive until Season 2 gets better.

Even in the special features of the Twin Peaks blu ray, Mark Frost admits they dropped the ball in the middle of the season and would extend the first part and last part of the season so viewers wouldn't leave.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The halluciantion (or whatever) sequence at the beginning of episode 3 was very well done, but I've already lost interest. I'll probably come back to it and finish watchin the episodes I've recorded, but this could have been done so much better. Just a biy more reallity and a bit more exposition, instead if everyone sitting around fucking staring at each other.

Also, Andy, Lucy and Hawk are there just to connect the original series to the new one. From what I've seen so far, they are worthless- worse than worthless- in advancing the plot. Perhaps if any of those three had any actual acting ability, it might be different. Roll Eyes

Andy and Lucy, take your insignificant chocolate bunny and FOAD. Hayzoos Kristo! Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:

I'm thinking it's more along the line of Cooperganger's victims. I'm not entirely sure what happened to him to get to this end or how this will connect back to the story.

Something else to help understand a David Lynch story is he pictures things as a puzzle in some other room that someone pulls a piece out and throws to you. It could be beginning, middle, or end. It could be an important piece of the picture or a part of the dull border. He doesn't mention (or someone hasn't ask him yet) if that douchebag throws you the all of the puzzle pieces or if the only pieces you get look like a modern art masterpiece like Pvt. Pyle.

There's supposedly an image of her husband from Fire Walk With Me where he's hanging out above the conv. store with other black lodge characters, he's a lumberjack that looked very similar to the ghost/spirit in the jail cell. Her husband died in a fire on their wedding night, and as she said at one time he had "met the devil"... I also remember her talking about him bringing home a jar of burnt oil from the black lodge portal thing - Glastonbury Grove or whatever it was called.

And I think the assumption is that Cooper-bob/Steven Seagal probably took over Hasting's (school principal) body and committed the murder.

What did Cooper-bob mean when he told Mrs. Hastings: "You follow human nature perfectly" before shooting her?!

--------------------

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Also, Andy, Lucy and Hawk are there just to connect the original series to the new one. From what I've seen so far, they are worthless- worse than worthless- in advancing the plot. Perhaps if any of those three had any actual acting ability, it might be different. Roll Eyes

Andy and Lucy, take your insignificant chocolate bunny and FOAD. Hayzoos Kristo! Roll Eyes

Don't lump Hawk in with the human stain known as the Brennan Family. Hawk has always been cool, and even the Log Lady says he plays a part in solving the mystery.

quote:
There's supposedly an image of her husband from Fire Walk With Me where he's hanging out above the conv. store with other black lodge characters, he's a lumberjack that looked very similar to the ghost/spirit in the jail cell. Her husband died in a fire on their wedding night, and as she said at one time he had "met the devil"... I also remember her talking about him bringing home a jar of burnt oil from the black lodge portal thing - Glastonbury Grove or whatever it was called.

Well, here's the lumberjack played by Jurgen Prochnow:

Not sure about the rest.

quote:
What did Cooper-bob mean when he told Mrs. Hastings: "You follow human nature perfectly" before shooting her?!

The she was so predictable? Cooper has never been a concise, to the point kind of speaker.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't lump Hawk in with the human stain known as the Brennan Family. Hawk has always been cool, and even the Log Lady says he plays a part in solving the mystery.
OK, yeah that was harsh. Hawk's OK, but they gotta get him moving.
quote:
Well, here's the lumberjack played by Jurgen Prochnow:
What the Hell? Big Grin

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Blackfaceprisoner does seem to be wearing a toboggan, or something similar, like the lumberjack in the photo.

Hawk, Andy and Lucy do all seem stilted, but Lynch sometimes intentionally calls for that, I think. Maybe he tells the actors "pretend I'm George Lucas, and you're in a Star Wars movie."

Andy and Lucy may be there for certain fans (wimmens, perchance) as much as anything. Perhaps a concession to the bigwigs at Showtime who concern themselves with things like ratings, subscribers, and such. The story could certainly do without them. They don't fit the overall dark done of the new show. Lynch knows other ways to get a laugh that would be more fitting than employing those two annoying buffoons.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the pace will pick up since it was known going in that there would be two 2 hr nights at the beginning and a 2 hr finale. If these were all 1 hr episodes, there's very little chance they'd do Part I and hope to build an audience

I am still waiting for Andy to be his most useful:

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Episode 5 wasn't bad. It seemed to move things forward, though "DUGE" does frustrate me with his slow progression.

It was a big night for familiar faces in guest (or new) roles. Naomi Watts was back, and we saw Jim Belushi and Amanda Seyfried. Tom Sizemore, sporting new chompers, had the line of the episode, if you know anything about his troubled history. It made me LOL.

Edit to add: Amanda Seyfried's face was captivating in her long close up. Lynch sure knows how to let the camera drink in a beautiful face.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just starting to watch episode 5. One question:

A Blackberry? Big Grin

No, seriously, my question is what's the bumpin' tune playing in the Blackberry lady's scene at the very beginning of the episode?

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Para, the opening song is "I Am" by BluntedBeatz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4nAvDXpvHk

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Aight, playah

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This seems to be a waste of a week. I'm mildly annoyed more wasn't done on Cooperganger's story line, but the morph with Bob was pretty cool.

Was it just me, or did the old Cooper reemerge a bit with the coffee gag?

And it seems that Shelly's daughter is about as worthless as Shelly was at that age. At least Shelly was boning a junky AND a drug dealer.

I have no clue yet what the gold nuggets are.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was it just me, or did the old Cooper reemerge a bit with the coffee gag?

Yes, both episodes 4 & 5 show that Coogie has a real affinity for coffee, no doubt as a sign that Cooper is still with us but yet to emerge. He also was very taken by the statue of a man, presumably some sort of official as opposed to outlaw, pointing a revolver. Additionally, he perked up when his boss told him he was going to have to work through a bunch of "case files."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Jade give two rides."

"Oh, I'll bet she did!"

Big Grin

Harry Dean Stanton, still going strong at 90! I love his line about having smoked cigarettes every day for 75 years. Big Grin

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
The above song playing while that weird dude with the ice pick did his thing... Red Face

And love that Laura Dern is playing Diane.

--------------------