Find
Notify
Tools

Preacher on AMC Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted
What is it about? Weird show.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
"Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. Custer is accidentally possessed by the supernatural creature named Genesis, the infant of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon. The incident flattens Custer's church and kills his entire congregation.

Genesis has no sense of individual will, but since it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, its power might rival that of God Himself, making Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, potentially the most powerful being in the universe.

Driven by a strong sense of right and wrong, Custer journeys across the United States attempting to literally find God, who abandoned Heaven the moment Genesis was born. He also begins to discover the truth about his new powers. They allow him, when he wills it, to command the obedience of those who hear and comprehend his words. He is joined by his old girlfriend Tulip O'Hare, as well as a hard-drinking Irish vampire named Cassidy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(comics)#Plot

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Dan gave a good synopsis.

Season 2 just started. Season 1 was a bit up and down in terms of quality of the stories but wierd enough to keep me watching.

Season 2 has been pretty good so far through the first 3 episodes.

Lots of strange/quirky characters and dark humor.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I started watching season one but lost interest halfway through. I picked it up again this season and so far three episodes in I'll still keep watching. Not quite Fargo, but not bad.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I like it too.
Some pretty crazy and interesting characters.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I just binged watched season 1 and the start of this new season. It weird...I like it. Season 1 had some slows parts. I'm glad the show left the town. Season 2 is off to a great start and seems to be better than 1.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post