SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie: "Unlocked"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie: "Unlocked" Login/Join 
posted
Had a few good parts and the who-can-you-trust aspect kept me from tuning out entirely but, as a whole, I don't recommend this movie. It's a typical English spy movie where the Americans are either brash, arrogant assholes or crazy-ass rogues; Muslims are really just peace-loving moderates - except for just a few crazies that give everyone else a bad rap; and the gun play is the usual uninformed English-movie style.

- Sniper supposedly uses armor-piercing bullets that do not penetrate anything - concrete, wood, body, etc., to injure or kill the target on the other side of said obstructions, yet a 9mm bullet from a suppressed pistol goes through a wall to splatter a bad guys brains.

- slide racking sound every time a semi-automatic pistol is brought to bear on a target with no manipulation of said slide by the person holding the weapon; and for the conditions the pistol should have always been chambered anyway.

- who knew that just removing the magazine unloads and unchambers a loaded and chambered pistol? I didn't! Thanks English movie producers for that valuable gun (non)safety tidbit.

- super-duper sniper dude and double super-duper female heroine hit everything they aim at - unless it's each other.

Eliminating the stupid (gunwise) wouldn't have negatively affected the movie. With the SAS, SBS, Royal Marines, and tacfoley, as possible technical advisors, the producers could easily have made a much more accurate movie and, in the places where stupid gunplay was used, could have tapped the knowledge of said advisors for realistic, yet still exciting, alternatives.

I watched this movie because of the cast (J. Malkovich, M. Douglas, O. Bloom) but their names and talents were wasted here.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post