SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    possible deal alert -- new Disney streaming service -- prepay 3 yrs for $140
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

possible deal alert -- new Disney streaming service -- prepay 3 yrs for $140 Login/Join 
posted
if you are interested in joining Disney's new streaming service in November when it launches.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...customers/ar-AAGsMks

it will include HULU w/ ads, ESPN+, plus the Disney titles / content

basically you could get all that for the cost of ~10 months of Netflix streaming

think I am going to give it a try -- will cancel Netflix but keep Amazon Prime

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to give it a try as well...looks like a good deal. I created a General D23 Account (no charge) and will wait on the email for the offer. It says that the offer expires on Monday.

https://d23.com/d23-membership/

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, looked into this myself thinking it would be a decent deal.

Best I can tell, you need to be a paid D23 member ($99 a year) to get the Disney+ discount. Not just have a general login.

Anyone get the deal without being a paid member?

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there was way to register and get the d23 membership without charge (for a limited time)

have you tried that ?

basically after you 'register' - they will send you an email link to sign up at no charge and get the $140 / 3 years deal....

---------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a bad deal especially if you already pay for hulu. I poopoo'd a disney streaming subscription in the past but this is an interesting offer.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Not a bad deal especially if you already pay for hulu. I poopoo'd a disney streaming subscription in the past but this is an interesting offer.

i agree

plus sports programming has always been the weak link of a lot of streaming offerings up to this point

I'm not a huge sports watcher but sometimes I like to have it on in the background while I'm doing stuff around the house or for catching an occasional game

-----------------------------

Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I signed up for the D23 general membership (no cost). Today I received an email offering the Disney + deal. Logged into my D23 account and a pop-up appeared for the offer.

I followed the prompt, signed-up and paid. I am now ready for Nov. 12th. They will send emails as the time gets closer.

However, I do not think that ESPN + or Hulu will be part of this deal. Neither are mentioned in the offer nor in the fine print. According to the article above, all three services will be offered for the same price as Netflix. I think this is stand alone just for Disney+.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I poopoo'd a disney streaming subscription in the past but this is an interesting offer.

We won't be signing up for it simply because we're not going to do our part to reward every content creator under the sun for creating their own streaming service, which carries only their own programming. Going that way simply puts you back where you were with subscription TV: $100/mo. bills, or more, for TV.

NFW.

Disney's removing their content from Netflix. BBC America is doing the same. This means we simply won't be watching their content any more. Used to be the movies in which we were really interested we could rent from the local DVD/BD rental place. That recently closed, so I guess we won't be seeing anything for which we don't choose to purchase the DVD or BD.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post