SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Americans - Season 5
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Americans - Season 5 Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I don't think we have heard the last of Martha.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Next season will only be 10 episodes, and I'm thinking it'll be a real wild season.

Will Elizabeth kill Phillip to stay in the US and keep on working? Will they go back to Russia? Will they try to stay in America? Will they defect and work with Stan for protection to stay here since the Russians would never allow them to stay knowing what they know? Do the Russians allow them to stay in return for the daughter coming into the spy program?

There are so many situations that ran through my head at the end of this season that would close the series out.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
After all they have done, I don't think the FBI is going to put them in witness protection. I think they go on a trip to Europe alone, fake their death, return to Russia and the kids stay in the US with Stan.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The two scenes of Elizabeth looking at all she has in her closet and in her kitchen...

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
After all they have done, I don't think the FBI is going to put them in witness protection. I think they go on a trip to Europe alone, fake their death, return to Russia and the kids stay in the US with Stan.

I was thinking more of a flip and turn into double agents. They'll never get out of the spy game if they stay in the US.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know when the new season starts?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Anyone know when the new season starts?

It just ended, so probably next April or so.

Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
There was a lot going on in the last 10 minutes of the finale. I don't see Elizabeth killing Philip. They seem to have grown closer than ever the last two seasons. I'm also not sure that they would (willingly) spy for anyone other than the Soviets. They seem burnt out, but still very loyal.

The Stan/Renee (new GF) storyline and whether she was sent by the Center is interesting. They spent more time developing that. The Paige storyline is another one that I think will impact whether they stay.

Elizabeth definitely seems to be having mixed feelings about leaving what they have. Maybe they ultimately end up staying, Philip takes the timeout they discussed, and they train Paige for the next generation. My guess would be that it's going to be a rocky road to get there, and Renee is going to play a larger role in all of this.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I don't think we have heard the last of Martha.

my guess Elizabeth gets killed and philip escapes back to russia and ends up with Martha. page ends up being a badass KGB spy and henry ends up with stan and joins the FBI

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
We found the season simply boring. Time to wrap it up.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:

my guess Elizabeth gets killed and philip escapes back to russia and ends up with Martha. page ends up being a badass KGB spy and henry ends up with stan and joins the FBI

Thanks for taking this silly show no more seriously than I do. I'm sticking it out until the end, setting new records for invective hurled at a tv screen.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
IMHO, Keri Russell makes the show.

Indeed she does, that long hair is very, very hot! Just waiting for it to come back to Amazon Prime so I can finish out the entire series.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post