SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ‘Last Man Standing’: Tim Allen Comedy To End With Season 9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘Last Man Standing’: Tim Allen Comedy To End With Season 9 Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Just found out that Season 9, due to begin sometime in early 2021 will the last season for the show. Frown

I have to admit that it did change a bit too much for me after it moved networks, they replaced the one daughter, who was great, with an actress that IMO didn't work well for that role. Tim Allen also seemed to have really cut back on the conservative leaning of his character, not sure if he was told to do that when they moved networks and it rebooted or he chose to.

‘Last Man Standing’: Tim Allen Comedy To End With Season 9 On Fox

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Probably a good move. It was getting stale.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Probably a good move. It was getting stale.

Not so much stale as Tim Allen's character getting his balls chopped off politically.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
This is probably one of my favorite all-time comedies. The cast - before the new Mandy - was absolutely genius. We've watched some of these episodes many times and still laugh at many of the lines.

The girls have grown up and left the nest so I agree it's time to move on.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better to go out on a high note, or at least before jumping the shark. Pretty much every sitcom I've watched, with the possible exception of Cheers, ran out of steam/original ideas well before they ended.

Admittedly I haven't watched much of the last couple seasons. They got stuck between a rock and a hard place when Molly Ephraim committed to other stuff when she thought LMS was cancelled. I don't know what it is about her but that girl makes me feel all tingly inside, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class. The "new" Mandy just doesn't do anything for me, though I do respect her effort to stay true to the character.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The wife hates the new Mandy... lol

They did dumb her down a bit, Mandy was always a bit naive and shallow, but she wasnt stupid.

There is less Ed now, less of Tim being Tim, and the new Mandy all equal getting stale. Could be fixed though, with some new writing, the show is still better than most crap that passes for a sitcom

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The first Mandy became my favorite character on that show, so I drifted away. 9 seasons is a hell of a run for any show.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Tim Allen is a very talented actor & person. I’ve appreciated the laughs he has provided & wish him all the success the world can offer.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I don't like "New Mandy" at all. But I do like the Second Kristin better than the first one.

I love how he weaves "Tool Time", "The Santa Clause", "Toy Story", or "Galaxy Quest" into the episodes. Not to mention former cast members.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There is less Ed now, less of Tim being Tim, and the new Mandy all equal getting stale.

And Eve making only occasional appearances.

We still watch the new episodes, but we find the re-runs more fun.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Another Molly Ephraim fan heard from here. Pretty but funny. She had a naughty but nice appeal and is built like a pinup painted on the side of a B-24. What's not to like?

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I also noticed that Jonathan Taylor Thomas was a director on some of the shows.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I also noticed that Jonathan Taylor Thomas was a director on some of the shows.

as well as appearing as Kristin's boss several times...the interactions with Tim Allen were very funny

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Another Molly Ephraim fan heard from here. Pretty but funny. She had a naughty but nice appeal and is built like a pinup painted on the side of a B-24. What's not to like?

Yeah, she is pretty
But also a complete libtard and left leaning wench
I really liked her until I found that out
They should have come back with the same group

Nancy Travis is dreamy

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’ll miss the ham radio connection, rarely found in television. First one to operate a station from the show and have the star as a licensed ham radio operator.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 83v45magna:

Yeah, she is pretty
But also a complete libtard and left leaning wench
I really liked her until I found that out
They should have come back with the same group

Nancy Travis is dreamy

I know and please don't remind me. This also applies to many out there, of course. I tend to assume guilt on this topic until proven innocent, by the way.
I have been a Nancy Travis fan for years. If she is a moonbeam also, please, don't tell me. She is gorgeous and it is a pleasant fiction.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LMS Season 9 premiere was this Sunday and then it moves to Thursday nights.

**Sort of Spoiler ahead:**

They handled the Covid pandemic pretty well, basically started off the show in the middle of it, then did a 3 year time jump forward to more normal times in order to put that in the past and not have every episode this season be about Zoom and social distancing and masks. Very clever IMO!

No annoying Jen! I hear she comes back though...ugh

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It's definitely lost something this season.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
It's definitely lost something this season.

I don't know about anything past the season premier, but, if that was any indication: Yeah, it lost something, all right. That was terrible.

Let me put it this way: The season premier was so bad we haven't remembered to watch the second episode of the season.

I noted above we prefer the old episodes to the new ones--since they landed on Fox. If you watch one, then the other, the difference is night-and-day. I don't know whether it's the writing, the direction, something Fox forced on the show, or what, but it's nowhere near the show it was.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post