SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else seen the movie? What did you think? I have an uncorrected hearing loss so I only got about 20% of the dialogue. I'm usually OK in most movies but like with TV, once you start getting into British and Indian accents, I'm pretty much lost. The only thing worse than a British accent is when they start whispering in a British accent. The movie itself was interesting and brought home to me the cultural importance of the music, although cynic that I am, I always suspected they had ghost writers. Couldn't imagine "I wanna hold your hand, yeah, yeah" and the later brilliant stuff coming from the same hand.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised no one has commented on this movie but then I think it has been out less than a week. I do recommend it if you are a fan of Beatles music.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I liked a lot the “cameo” twist at the end.

I HATED the ending...HATED it. So predictable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started to make a comment about one of the actors in the movie, who was not in the credits and then realized it would require a spoiler alert.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Enjoyed the music and it was a couple of relaxing hours well spent.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it Saturday afternoon. Always been a big Beatles fan, ever since seeing Beatlemania on Broadway as a kid. Movie was enjoyable, if a little slow at times.

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Saw it today. Really enjoyed it. A romantic comedy turned on its head. The music was awesome. I imagine most of the budget was spent on music licensing.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it as well.

There have been similar plots like this in the past, but I still thought this was a refreshing, almost new idea for Hollywood.

And as a fan of the Beatles the music was wonderful.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I saw it, and enjoyed it. Another couple was leaving the theater and stopped to discuss it. Both also enjoyed the movie.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Couldn't imagine "I wanna hold your hand, yeah, yeah" and the later brilliant stuff coming from the same hand.

LSD will do that to you . .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
three of the people that I eat breakfast with , once a month went to see it .

they said not to go for the music, but for the story,
so I will pass.

Listening to other people singing The Beatles is more often than not , disappointing .

Got to get you into
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r95-7zfgtLw

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I went to see it Thursday evening and thought it was a really good flick

I'm a long time Beatles fan so I enjoyed the music and the premise

its worth the watch

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I liked the whole movie. It's a new twist on an old Freaky Friday movie theme.

You're going to have to remind me. Was the cameo on Paul McCartney? And what was the ending?

I remember it was him teaching the class obladi oblada.

I like the uploading all the songs to the internet for free

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Spoilers....

I thought the cameo was going to be McCartney at the remote house. However, having Lennon there was a nice twist and I liked the line "you made it to 78".

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I liked the whole movie. It's a new twist on an old Freaky Friday movie theme.

You're going to have to remind me. Was the cameo on Paul McCartney? And what was the ending?

I remember it was him teaching the class obladi oblada.

I like the uploading all the songs to the internet for free

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I saw the movie. We really enjoyed it. Very entertaining, great idea, and well-acted.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son just saw this, said he really liked it. He does not say that about just any movie. I need to watch it.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post