SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fear The Walking Dead, new season.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fear The Walking Dead, new season. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Fear The Walking Dead returned last night. I know it's not everybody's favorite show. I thought last night's season premier was pretty good. No spoilers, but I did not see the end of the first hour coming! Sure there might be some technical inaccuracies In the show, but hey, the whole premise of the show is highly unlikely!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
That's funny. I was going to start this thread and would have probably opened the exact same way. After TWD stunk it up this past season, I figured FTWD can't be any worse. It did not disappoint. Lots of action, and the characters are starting to toughen up. I hope they keep their foot on the gas pedal.

Also did not see that coming. It would be tough to explain, but I'm not entirely sure it's the last we've heard of that one.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not entirely sure it's the last we've heard of that one.

Based on the comments from one of the staff members from the show on The Talking Dead, it doesn't sound like you're correct on this one...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Ah, really? I didn't get to the Talking Dead on the DVR. They would know. It was just so random that it felt incomplete.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That is excellent news to hear. I was pretty disappointed last season but admit it was entertaining enough to at least watch once. I am looking forward to it!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
So far its better than the last season of TWD.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm one of the guys that stopped watching TWD after Glenn met Lucille. It just divebombed into absurdity and my interest waned quickly.

And I trudged through FTWD only because the hot wimmens.

The season 3 opener was really great. Better than anything I saw on TWD recently.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm still dwelling on it!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it, too bad about the one character, but there is no coming back from that.

I had a thought that as time progresses they have to end one of the series, and probably pretty soon. FTWD fills in the gaps of how it started and also especially with this premier, the "science" behind the behavior of the walkers. But as FTWD progresses, once it gets near to the same point in the timeline as TWD (mature SHTF Zombie apocalypse) then it is just a duplicate series. What makes FTWD interesting is all the people and groups are still new to this world and working it out.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
That's why you sit on yer helmets, boys.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I had a thought that as time progresses they have to end one of the series, and probably pretty soon. FTWD fills in the gaps of how it started and also especially with this premier, the "science" behind the behavior of the walkers. But as FTWD progresses, once it gets near to the same point in the timeline as TWD (mature SHTF Zombie apocalypse) then it is just a duplicate series. What makes FTWD interesting is all the people and groups are still new to this world and working it out.

IMDB has 4 seasons listed. Makes sense since it should bring it up to the beginning of TWD (or even up to the end of the 1st season), regarding the timeline. They are also losing the main characters at an alarming/refreshing pace & unless they want to dive deep into a new set of characters, 4 seasons would be perfect.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daniel's back. And he's hot for some undertaking.

He's now Danny.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Daniel has turned back into a.bad ass! Does anyone know what the deal was about the radio playing on the bike that homeless guy rode?

Beth Greene

Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Daniel has turned back into a.bad ass! Does anyone know what the deal was about the radio playing on the bike that homeless guy rode?

Yeah, I'm glad he's back. I think the tape player was just saying "agua" to let people know he had the water. He was the guy on the outside responsible for distributing the stolen water.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:

Yeah, I'm glad he's back. I think the tape player was just saying "agua" to let people know he had the water. He was the guy on the outside responsible for distributing the stolen water.

Probably the case, but you gots to be quiet in those times.

Beth Greene

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:

I did find that odd, that he's riding along broadcasting "AGUA, AGUA.....AGUA, AGUA" then they're hiding from the Agua guys...

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

I did find that odd, that he's riding along broadcasting "AGUA, AGUA.....AGUA, AGUA" then they're hiding from the Agua guys...

Ha, well I didn't say it was smart.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The mid season finale was tonight. It was pretty good, I think they did a really good job with thus season of the show.

Beth Greene