New
Find
Notify
Tools

COD:WWII Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Looks like the next Call of Duty video game will be set in WWII. I might actually play this one. I haven't really cared for the past few releases with all the futuristic jet pack jumping etc.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
CoD in World War 2?! Talk about being unoriginal. When is someone going to do a Korean war game.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The original Call of Duty was the only one that I got hooked and played. Didn't have the same draw with the later ones.

If this new one really goes back to its roots, I might have to try it out. Love the WWII stuff.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thank God. Jet packs, wall-running, and power slides don't interest me in the least. Let's get back to the good old days of Call of Duty/Medal of Honor!

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Thank God. Jet packs, wall-running, and power slides don't interest me in the least. Let's get back to the good old days of Call of Duty/Medal of Honor!

I was having similar thoughts the other day. I miss those games and would love to see either of them redone correctly.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. I still think Call of Duty: World at War was the best of the WW2 games.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ha. I totally forget to wall jump or jet pack in the current games unless I have to. For the most part, I'm usually on the ground running around aggressively/tactically waiting (not camping)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
WW2 is over done even though I like the venre. Vietnam and Korea would be fun.
It would be neat to do a revolutionary war also. They just need to mix it up.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
WW2 is over done even though I like the venre. Vietnam and Korea would be fun.
It would be neat to do a revolutionary war also. They just need to mix it up.

I don't know about that, IMO there hasn't been a good Pacific campaign WWII game as of yet.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I agree that Korea deserves the FPS treatment, but I recall COD: World at War and MOH: Pacific Assault being good PTO games.

Vietnam has been done several times, with games like 'Nam, Vietcong, Men of Valor, a couple games in the Battlefield series, and being touched upon in the COD: Black Ops series.

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Same here, jet packs and such ruined the brand for me. I agree, Korea would be original and different.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they'll ever get around to a WWI Call of Duty...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wonder if they'll ever get around to a WWI Call of Duty...

Battlefield 1 is pretty much that. COD Black Ops covered Vietnam, COD World at War covered the Pacific. Modern stuff in the Middle East is pretty well covered. Korean War based game would be great- Chosin, Pork Chop Hill, Heartbreak Ridge, Inchon- lots of options.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just saw the trailer for the game. It's fucking Europe again. Ugh.

It's visually stunning, though. But Europe? Come on...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'll buy it when the price drops to around $5 since it's not worth more than that to me. They don't care about single player campaigns anymore and I don't do the online crap.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Personally, I cannot wait. really cannot wait. I pre-ordered and got my free hat.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll buy that. Battlefield 1 got me in the mood for classic CoD. Add me up to the anti-wall jump crowd. Black Ops multiplayer online was probably my favorite. Would be nice to have something similiar in WWII.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Trailer looks great but wish there was something in the pacific. Either way at least there are NO jet packs and other bullshit like that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SR025,

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
SR025 if you meant to say at least there are NOT jet packs and other bullshit like that, I am with you!

I would like some Pacific action as well, but I have seen that there is no auto-regen of health. So when you are hurting, you need to find a medic. Some of my most favorite and tense times gaming were in MoH stuck in a trench with almost zero health and backtracking to a health pack without getting shot.

Then still getting picked off by those damn Krauts on Nijmegen Bridge!

If they get the music even close to what they had in Medal of Honor, then it should be good.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Whoops yeah I did... english is hard sometimes!

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post