SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Federal Judge determines (by implication) that Taylor Swift is banal and unoriginal.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Judge determines (by implication) that Taylor Swift is banal and unoriginal. Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
Two songwriters sued Swift, claiming that her lyric copied their song. Swift's lyrics were "Playas, they gonna play, and haters, they gonna hate." The judge found that the similar lyrics by the earlier writers were banal, unoriginal, and not creative, and therefore could not be protected by copyright.

In copying banal and unoriginal lyrics, Swift can only be MORE banal and unoriginal.

I always thought it, but now I have a federal judge to back me up!

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43056814

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'm sure she'll just shake it off.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
I'm sure she'll just shake it off.

I’m expecting a new song about the judge.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Perfect!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Someone really tried to claim copyright on the phrase "Haters gonna hate"?

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Someone really tried to claim copyright on the phrase "Haters gonna hate"?

Likely just throwing something out, to see if it sticks. Trying to get a piece of Swift's $300 million.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
did they mention anything about Justin Beiber?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She needs to be pushed into an active volcano. Her insipid shit needs to just go away.

Posts: 107561 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She needs to be pushed into an active volcano. Her insipid shit needs to just go away.

IMO a bit too strong, while she has obviously mastered selling to the Brain Dead if you check you will find that she did NOT allow herself to be pressured into supporting the Hildabeast in the last election. In fact in one interview I saw she was quite insistent on keeping her opinions about the election to herself. I suspect that she may in fact be a Closet Republican.

BTW, I sort of liked Katy Perry until she jumped onto the Hildabeast bandwagon with both feet. Now I think that one should be shoved into a Volcano.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'll admit, I had to go look up what "banal" meant.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
determines (by implication)
Wouldn't most attorneys call that ipso facto?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
quote:

IMO a bit too strong, while she has obviously mastered selling to the Brain Dead if you check you will find that she did NOT allow herself to be pressured into supporting the Hildabeast in the last election. In fact in one interview I saw she was quite insistent on keeping her opinions about the election to herself. I suspect that she may in fact be a Closet Republican.

BTW, I sort of liked Katy Perry until she jumped onto the Hildabeast bandwagon with both feet. Now I think that one should be shoved into a Volcano.

I'm a fan too, she's a genuinely good person which is rare in that industry.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a dormant volcano, then?

Posts: 107561 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I personally blame her for what I call the Taylor Swift effect. She is the one who started the I'm country so play me on country radio even though my music is blatantly pop. I know others before her have done this also, but she got it to stick and now 2/3 of what plays on country radio / tv. is pure pop music. I have nothing against pop but I want to listen to country. Rant over

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I thought I read Anal, had to double check Big Grin
But then again she was doing time with one of the kennedy's so still a possibility...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps a dormant volcano, then?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I listen to SiriusXM. When her name comes up I always change channels - always.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post