SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Is it in my head, or in my heart?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it in my head, or in my heart? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
I pick up phones and hear my history
I dream of all the calls I miss
I try to number those who love me
And find exactly what the trouble is

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
One of the greatest albums ever!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I read the thread title and thought “Where are all the good men dead?”

Crossed wires, lol. Great movie, but I’ll check out the music referenced.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Townshend's finest hour, his absolute masterpiece. He even admitted a few years ago that Quadrophenia was the peak of The Who. IMO, the band's best performance captured on tape, especially Moon. A few years ago, I watched a BBC documentary called "Can You See The Real Me?" on PBS and it was awesome. If you ever come across it and are a Quadrophenia fan, it is a must see.

It is still in my top 5 records of all time. They don't albums like this anymore.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post