SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The making of 10CC I'm not in Love
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The making of 10CC I'm not in Love Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
Stumbled across this today while goofing on YouTube. I recall this song from my youth, and always enjoyed it. I hope you find this as interesting as I did. Where has the time gone...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thank you.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I remember that song.
Great post and cool song. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... thank you for posting!

Liked this song and a grew throwback for the day ..

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Cool - early sampling ala Mellotron style but at the desk.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanx for spooling that up.

Great memories.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Its amazing the memories we have centered around certain songs and the people they especially tie us too. This one does have special meaning, Thanks for sharing...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A very catching and unique song for sure! Interesting to hear them talk about the production of it.

Another of theirs I always liked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Kk5Ia8Vus

Another?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbdCvzF4qqw

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good morning judge was good

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I got reacquainted with that with the movie Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Stumbled across this today while goofing on YouTube. I recall this song from my youth, and always enjoyed it. I hope you find this as interesting as I did. Where has the time gone...

I have always liked that song, too. I was a teenager when it was released. Great sound, unforgettable.
Yeah, the years really slip by fast.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Cool. I never heard that song before. Cheesy 70s synth with super sarcastic lyrics.
quote:
I keep your picture up on the wall
It hides a nasty stain that's lying there
Big Grin

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:

I have always liked that song, too. I was a teenager when it was released. Great sound, unforgettable.

So you're Reeling in the Years? Time Keeps on Slipping into the Future. When I think of it, it's almost like I'm on the Bridge of Sighs.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.

Posts: 103 | Registered: January 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Love that song.....pure genius.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good song. Love the words and always have.
The sound of the song tells that they spent a lot of time in the studio with it. I have always searched out and enjoyed songs that sound really good, like Kansas songs or Chicago or even Pink Floyd, though I am not a big fan of theirs. Dire Straits is another group that has good sounding recordings.
Thanks for the post, very interesting vid.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
quote:

So you're Reeling in the Years? Time Keeps on Slipping into the Future. When I think of it, it's almost like I'm on the Bridge of Sighs.

Speaking of Reeling in the years, Elliot Randall played the lead on that song I believe. They wanted him to join the band, but he refused to join but did a lot of studio work on albums. He used to live close to here. I met him and his friends when I was about 17. He lived in the same apt building as my best friend. He played in a band that played locally and they were really good. Recently Elliot played at a local square fair and I was unfortunately out of town or I would have gone.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post