SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another AMAZING cover of “Africa” (Toto)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another AMAZING cover of “Africa” (Toto) Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
Y’all....this blew me away. Give it a listen, and make sure you listen through the end of the song.

Africa cover- Italian Artists

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Wow. Pretty intense. Much better than the usual covers. Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Powerful!

Thank you, Maestro.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's good, I like it.

It also reminds me a lot of this:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:

Yeah great cover! Thanks for posting it. I had high hopes for when Weezer was finally pestered into doing Africa, but they ended up sounding so much like Toto, it seemed wasted.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Damn. Pretty damn cool. Thanks.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
May be better than the Toto original, gave me chills.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That was outstanding! Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Very beautiful.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:

Yeah great cover! Thanks for posting it. I had high hopes for when Weezer was finally pestered into doing Africa, but they ended up sounding so much like Toto, it seemed wasted.

When I first heard the Weezer cover, I thought it was Toto, but something in my head told me that something was a little off. It was great, but you're right, it sounded so much like Toto. I thought it was well done, but yeah, I see it was almost wasted because if I was listening to that, I might as well be listening to the original.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post