SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What modern Country music could be and should be
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What modern Country music could be and should be Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Speaking of George Jones:

And, in keeping with the theme of the thread:

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any Dale Watson fans here...?

https://youtu.be/vRTZnc8bQBg

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Dale Watson takes me back to about 1975, laying in bed tuning in distant AM all night trucker radio shows. That's the feeling I get listening to his music anyway.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjr
posted Hide Post
Brandy Clark. Excellent songwriter, and very in touch with small town America. If you don't know her, start with her NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert.

Posts: 821 | Location: Triad NC | Registered: November 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Huh. I know I’ve watched this video before, but until now I didn’t see the cameos by at least three (?) of the Robertsons.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Gringo Honeymoon by Robert Earl Keen is one of my all time favorite albums.

My daughter and I are going to see REK and Lyle Lovett in February. Should be a great show.

The show was last night. The venue was the Pike’s Peak Center in downtown Colorado Springs. This was one of the most enjoyable concerts I’ve seen in quite awhile. Two chairs, a table between the chairs with bottles of water, and three guitars apiece sitting behind the chairs. No opening act. The two came out together and took turns, helping each other out at times.

Turns out Lovett and Keen have been friends since the late 70s, when both were students at TAMU. The story telling between two old friends was just as much fun as their music.

Hope some of you still have the opportunity to see them together. I see where Lovett will make a swing through the East with Shawn Colvin, don’t know if dates with REK remain after they leave Colorado.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I love singing that song

I was a trained tenor 2 when I was young, and can still sing. My 16 year old son takes after his old man, went to all county and region choir this year, has a good voice that is still changing as he goes through puberty

We love singing the harmony on wagon wheel together. My 12 year old is starting to figure it out, and the 6 year old is trying.....in a few years we will s8ng four part harmony together I hope

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can’t talk of Texas music without mentioning the King and father of Texas music and songwriters, Guy Clark and Townes van Sandt. S

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
You can’t talk of Texas music without mentioning the King and father of Texas music and songwriters, Guy Clark and Townes van Sandt. S

Bob Wills is still the king.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post