SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    'Germans' episode of Fawlty Towers is taken off-air
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Germans' episode of Fawlty Towers is taken off-air Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
When will the idiocy stop? This was the funniest episode of the series.

“John Cleese has slammed BBC-owned UKTV for removing an episode of Fawlty Towers which featured racist language.

The actor, 80, who played Basil Fawlty, branded the channel 'stupid' for not realising The Germans was mocking the Major's use of the 'n-word'.

The 1975 episode, fondly remembered for the line 'don't mention the War', is the latest in a series of British programmes to be culled from streaming sites.”

https://mol.im/a/8412479

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bloody brilliant!

His first comment echoes my point about all civilizations/peoples having been enslaved at some point in human history and the current ludicrous, myopic, self-centered whining about a relatively short period of slavery on the North American continent.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My new signature line...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

he has a good point...

its a good thing that the Las Vegas Strip isn't in Seattle, otherwise there would be a lot of really confused libtards wondering what to do next about all them statues at Caesars Palace and The Forum Shops

and we won't even talk about the statuary at The Venetian yet...

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
"Hors d'oeuvres... vich must be obeyed at all times vitout qvestion!"

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What will be banned next, "Blazing Saddles"? Frown

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, don’t mention the war.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I used that line when meeting my niece’s new in-laws for the first time. Casual ice-breaking question: where does your last name originate?
“Germans”
“Don’t mention The War”
Gales of laughter. Ice broken.
Fuck you, British Broadcasting Commies.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
That is absolutely one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen. And the "German" episode was the funniest of the series. IDIOTS!!!!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
‘A classic episode [The Germans] of the comedy Fawlty Towers will be reinstated to streaming service UKTV with a warning about "offensive content and language"…’

www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.c...inment-arts-53032895

"offensive content and language" – my ass. These PC libs couldn’t recognize satire if they were in a tub of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I have both VHS and DVD copies. I though "Basil the Rat" was the funniest one.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
You know just about everything I see on television I find offensive.... actually the news, when I watch it, I find most offensive... maybe that should be banned.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Twitter post needs to go viral.

Three cheers for Cleese.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post