SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
1984 - Yes in Hartford, CT.

Ended up having to illegally drive (15 years old at the time) the two guys I went with home after they got bombed out of their gourds.

Considering it was the first time behind the wheel, things went well until the Dodge Monaco wagon decided to blow a hose...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Savoy Brown at Grande Ballroom Detroit, April 1969.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
1970 Grand Funk Railroad at Municipal Auditorium in KC, MO. Friend was going to take his girlfriend but her parents wouldn't let her go. I was invited in her place.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
1970 Grand Funk Railroad at Municipal Auditorium in KC, MO. Friend was going to take his girlfriend but her parents wouldn't let her go. I was invited in her place.

Would love to have seen them! Their "Grand Funk Live" album, 1970, is one of my favorites!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tommy James and the Shondells , 1969 LaSalle Peru high gymnasium. My girlfriend was a big fan

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon tour, St. Louis 1973.

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blood, Sweat and Tears, 1974 or 1975, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
First rock concert was Van Halen on the Diver Down tour, 1982 or so, in the Asheville Civic Center.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Chicago, 1968 I believe - and you can still go!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
The Dead Kennedy's played my high school cafeteria (not the gym, HS was too worried about the basketball court) in the fall of 1978 or spring 1979 - somewhere in there.

They played at my high school, too - Acalanes, in Walnut Creek, CA, in about 1980. They changed their name to the Pink Twinkies for the night so the principal wouldn't cancel it. I stayed home to play games on my new TRS-80 Smile

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Rare Earth, 1971 at Big Surf water park, Scottsdale, Az. 17yrs old.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
1978. KISS Alive II Tour. MSG (Madison Square Garden), NYC.

Holy Shit!!

I was there too.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
First few
Quiet Riot and Iron Maiden 1984
Sammy Hagar 1985
Boston 1986

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
The Dead Kennedy's played my high school cafeteria (not the gym, HS was too worried about the basketball court) in the fall of 1978 or spring 1979 - somewhere in there.

They played at my high school, too - Acalanes, in Walnut Creek, CA, in about 1980. They changed their name to the Pink Twinkies for the night so the principal wouldn't cancel it. I stayed home to play games on my new TRS-80 Smile

Cool - my show was at Miramonte in Orinda. No idea they did the Contra Costa County "world tour"

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motley Crue and Whitesnake, Phoenix in 1987-1989 time frame. never been too impressed with concerts, other than live bands in small venues.

The Allman Brothers in Great Woods were good, as was Rod Stewart in the TD Bank North® Boston Garden®®®®®

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:

Cool - my show was at Miramonte in Orinda. No idea they did the Contra Costa County "world tour"

It's a small world on SigForum Smile

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Pat Benatar, 1983, Get Nervous Tour at the L.A. Sports Arena. The opening act was Red Rider (Lunatic Fringe was their big hit).

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Beatles 1966, Busch Stadium, St. Louis.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Humble Pie, after Frampton was gone though. At the Asbury Park Convention Center in NJ. Would have been the summer of '72 or '73.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post