SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin - Memorial Coliseum - June 17 1972.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
AC/DC Worcester Centrum 1983ish Flick of the Switch Tour. Awesome!

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First concert... Timex Social Club, Dothan Civic Center, around 1983. Also source of my first concert T-shirt, which I still have.

First rock concert, Cheap Trick, Alexander Memorial Coliseum, 1988. Volunteer student roadie, but since I was the only to show, I got to sit and watch sound check with the soundboard operator.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ramones, 1987 or so.

Yea. Awesome.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
June,1977...Elvis, Omaha Civic Auditorium.
He was great, put on a consummate performance.
He took complete control of the crowd through his interaction with us.

[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tzhQ6CmZsq0 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April Wine and Molly Hatchet in the Sam Houston Coliseum in 1981.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Elvis, New Year's Eve, 1976.
I was seven.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd, at Chicago, summer '77, Animals concert.

Still best I have ever seen

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I believe it was Chicago at the Houston Summit in 1983 or 84. Won the tickets on the radio.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REM with 10000 Maniacs opening, sometime in 1987.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Moving Pictures tour. We made a banner to hang over the balcony at McNichols arena

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Jimi Hendrix 1968

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Replacement Tommel:
I saw The Who on their farewell tour in 1982. Opening acts in Philly were a local band named The Hooters, Carlos Santana, and the Clash. It was my first concert.

Best $15 I ever spent on music.

-Tom

Damn nice, $15.00 to see The Who, with Carlos and The Clash thrown in, just awesome!
Wish I'd hung on to some of those old ticket stubs, I can't remember what I paid to see Led Zepplin in '75 but I'm sure it wasn't much.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Cat Stevens at the Waikiki Bowl.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Monsters of Rock, 1988. Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken & Kingdom Come. I was 14 and that was one hell of a concert!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. You were there too? Man, it was hotter than hell that day. I remember they were cooling us down by spraying the crowd with the fire hoeses. Well, it could have just been a garden hose, I snuck in a bottle of 151 Bacardi for the show. It was amazing.

Back to the OP. My first concert was Survivor as they played a day concert in the parking lot of Marriotts Great America in Gurnee Ill. Think it was just before Rockey III took off in 1982. If that doesn't qualify, my next show was Accept at the Caberet Metro in Chicago in March of 1984. Interesting times....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Paul Butterfield Blues Band in about 1968 in Milwaukee Wisconsin. This was a very smokey event - and not from cigarettes.

I loved these guys and prior to joining the Navy, i was in a band that played a lot of this type of music.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Elton John on the tour for Yellow Brick Road. 1974?

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Motley Crue and Ozzy, Bark at the Moon Tour 1984. I was 14.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a cooler first concert to claim, but mine was Loverboy back in, I think, '82, maybe late '81. It should have been The Kinks, which would have been a cooler story, but they cancelled their concert, and this Loverboy concert was the concert that we went to instead.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post