SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Probably 1965 or 1966. Novi Junior Senior High School. IIRC one of the band members was a cousin to one of the students. Typical garage band, performed other's songs.

Band name was the Motor City Five, later to become the MC5.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
KISS, mid 80s.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deep Purple, Hershey Park Arena, PA. 1972

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I believe it was (hed) p.e. at the Key Club in Hollywood in 2006. I believe Back 2 Base X had just come out. I had a good time.

In all honesty, though, I'm not much of a concert goer. Haven't even seen Metallica live, though I still want to.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Ten Years After, 1972 Seattle Center Coliseum.
I was a junior in high school. RIP Alvin Lee.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live Aid, JFK stadium Phila 1985. What was my mom thinking letting me go to that, we took Septa the entire way from NE Philly

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The Grass Roots...Kennesaw Junior College in Marietta GA...April 1971.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Crosby, Stills, and Nash in Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY in 1977 on the CSN tour.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Billy Joel at Boston Garden (the old Garden), September 1983.

[BillyJoel]Even hockey doesn't sound good in the Garden.[/BillyJoel]

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes, December 11, 1974 at the Boston Garden.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
The first concert I ever attended was a John Denver concert way back in 1984, granted I was only 3 or 4 months old and shoved under bleachers. The first rock concert I attended on my own was the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters in 2001 I believe. Just pure awesome! Dave Grohl went out into the crowd with his guitar and started climbing this pillar while singing Everlong. Just an amazing concert and holds a special place in my heart.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I saw the Kingsmen play a dance at the UI in 66 or so.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Ratt 1986. Poison was the opening act.

All I can say is that a good time and a contact high was had by all.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Circa 1979...

Wild Cherry...Play that Funky Music White Boy

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I think it was the Beach Boys in 1963 at the armory in West orange, NJ. I graduated HS in 1962 and spent the Summer in CA, my introduction to surfing and the "surfing" music.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Genesis with Peter Gabriel in Philly. As far as I can remember.....

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Sha Na Na in the mid 70's.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
It was either Billy Joel or Hall & Oates in the late 70's.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Rush Signals tour 1982. Pittsburgh Civic Arena.

I have a lot of fond memories of that building. I even have a couple of Christmas ornaments made from the remains of the roof after they tore it down.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
In 1989, R.E.M with Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians

Green World tour, first USA show in Louisville KY

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post