Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shady Grove Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

Allegedly, the pizza delivery guy lifted these tapes from Jerry Garcia's kitchen, hence the name of the album, The Pizza Tapes. The album was an informal jam in 1993, with three greats, Jerry Garcia (guitar and vocals), David Grisman (mandolin) and Tony Rice (guitar). Tony Rice's runs make this, for me, the best ever version of this classic traditional song.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InFhhtN78Ck

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite CD's. Huge Tony Rice Fan, the other guys don't suck either.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a good version of that tune. Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed Jerry's music, and his efforts with Grisman and others are marvelous.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
What?
Quicksilver Messenger Service 1969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQMRSMuDYI

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post