Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrade movie Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Just saw this movie in the theater. AMAZING! Has to be one of the best movies I’ve seen in years. Movie was great all the way through and the last 5 minutes sealed the deal. Best movie of the year. Go see it. Now.

https://youtu.be/36PDeN9NRZ0

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Saw it this morning. Very cool. I appreciated the more subtle CG effects and more complex filming style. Definitely worth the watch. I don't think it necessarily needs to be an in-theater experience though. But it's not like you'll have to deal with a packed theater, lol.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Frown (thought it was going to be about a pimp)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Frown (thought it was going to be about a pimp)

Nah. If that were the case, it would be "Upgrayedd". (With two Ds, for a double dose of pimping...)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Just got back

Loved it

If you ever played Shadowrun, this is what cybered street sams looked like

Best movie I’ve seen in a while..

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on Blu-Ray. Pretty good. Mostly no name actors but it was well done and some original concepts for once instead of regurgitated bullshit. The skin pistols were very cool.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You see, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

(Seriously, though, I enjoyed this recent Upgrade film. Solid B+.)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The trailer looks great. I'll check it out.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I bought this on BD, it's a great flick. One of my favorite sci-fi films from recent years.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not bad. Beats a lot of the other garbage out there.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Is it really that good? It looks hokey as shit.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Yeah,to me it was that good. If you like movies like the Matrix, Blade Runner or Robocop you might like this one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

On the flip side.....how many times did you see a trailer that looked rad? You watched it and said wow man this is gonna be really good. Then you watch it and it’s a big POS. Always a flip side to that coin, more rare, but exists. It’s no Matrix or anything, but your expectations are low and the film will supersede them. Compared to most of the shit coming out, they did this minimal style. Wish there were more like it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's like a very good B movie, I thought. Definitely better than the trailer, not quite The Matrix in any literal sense, much smaller budget I'm sure, but definitely not lame, IMO.

My friends and I passed on it a few weeks ago and we watched the latest Jurassic Park instead. Then a few nights later I watched it anyway, and liked it even better than Jurassic...

ymmv

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Great story, great plot, decent acting, not boring, kept me entertained, best movie I saw in 2018 by far. It was a big hit at the SXSW film festival, where it won crowd favorite.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Just watched it. Damn good movie. Good pace, kept my attention, was not expecting how it ended, that's what made it more enjoyable.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post