Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westworld Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
First episode was great. They certainly have a good story, and an excellent cast. I'm a long time fan of Thandie Newton and Ed Harris is one of the great actors of his generation. And he excels in Westerns.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else catch the scene when the went to the sub basement to find Wild Bill, they were in the ruins of the reception area of the Delos park the original was set in? You can see the word Delos spelled across the skeletal globe. It makes it seem the HBO version is set in the same universe as the original film just 30 years later.

It also makes me wonder if Ed Harris' Man in Black is the same model as Yul Brenner's original? There was a reference he has been around 30 years and we found out at the end that Charlotte dates back to the beginning of the park.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen this yet but intend to.

I saw a headline earlier today stating that Westworld, Deadwood, and Django Unchained are shot on the same set, and that the Belle Union from Deadwood is featured prominently in Westworld, all of which with interiors that have been updated in varying degrees.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Watched this last night.

There are a lot of subtle things going on and the music is spot on.

Looking forward to the next.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
OK that didn't take long.

Second episode is out - early.

Apparently they didn't want to compete with some debate thingy. Who knew? Razz

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
They had me at episode 1 but 2 sealed the deal.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
PSA. The original 1973 movie with Richard Benjamin and Yul Brenner is on U-Verse TV, the Sy-fy channel at 9pm here in S. Florida, it may be at different times and/or channels in your local if interested.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^Just about to post the same thing.Watching it now.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Love the little things they throw in to keep it interesting.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really liking the show, but perhaps they are "over-thinking it" a tad.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
^^^^Just about to post the same thing.Watching it now.

I watched it last night, too, on the Syfy channel. Love that film. Unfortunately, I don't get HBO, so I'm not able to watch this new series… But hope that it comes to Netflix sooner rather than later.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yul was the original terminator.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Watching the second episode last night, I couldn't help but wonder if it would keep the momentum going. I wasn't disappointed at all and believe this will be a winner. Great to see two of my favorite "big screen" players here (Glenn Harris and Sir Anthony Hopkins) that I couldn't have imagined being cast in the same series or film. Looking forward to future episodes!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at_home_daddy:
Unfortunately, I don't get HBO, so I'm not able to watch this new series… But hope that it comes to Netflix sooner rather than later.

I just went to HBO's Westworld website and you can watch the entire first episode. You do have to enter a birthday and an email beforehand. The ones I entered were both fictitious and it worked just fine.

What a fantastic show. When I heard about this show, I was interested but would never have thought it could have been done this well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by at_home_daddy:
Unfortunately, I don't get HBO, so I'm not able to watch this new series… But hope that it comes to Netflix sooner rather than later.

I just went to HBO's Westworld website and you can watch the entire first episode. You do have to enter a birthday and an email beforehand. The ones I entered were both fictitious and it worked just fine.

What a fantastic show. When I heard about this show, I was interested but would never have thought it could have been done this well.

Thanks -- appreciate the heads-up. I'll do that tonight.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Finally have a chance to watch episode 2. Halfway through I am even more impressed. I need to watch the original film to compare this to, I understand it is different, but seems like it would help.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Ok. I am quite hooked on this.

I have high hopes.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It is well done, but it moves slowly. It doesn't look like my wife wants to watch any more.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I watched the original movie last weekend and episode 1 last night

all in all very good, a lot darker than the first but still I think this one has legs

I hope they keep it up

the music was great and the scenery in Monument Valley was awesome

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
They need to cast Sean Bean so they can kill him off every episode. I'm still in on this show but episode 3 needs to make some headway though.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post