Tools

Westworld Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I vaguely remember (drunken haze at the time, may have been at a midnite movie) an x rated version too, likely not connected to that franchise tho
Ah, yes. Breastworld

This is is so...something

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yes, Delos Incorporated's Head of Operations, Karl Strand is played by Gustaf Skarsgård aka Floki of Vikings.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Yes, Delos Incorporated's Head of Operations, Karl Strand is played by Gustaf Skarsgård aka Floki of GOT Vikings .

FTFY.

I didnt even recognize him and im usually pretty good at those things. That said, cant wait for Vikings to return, sometime.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chach... made the correction to my brain fart. Big Grin

And I too am a big Vikings fan!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Good episode tonight. Even caught the (very pretty) piano cover of "Runaway" by ol Kanye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBTLOm-5PLA

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
They have really started hammering home that the park was intended for more than just a theme park.

Intel on the guests and their proclivities. Also I am starting to think that Delos wants to introduce hosts into the real world to either replace real people or act as moles.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BTW, did anyone notice Giancarlo Esposito in this latest episode? It took me about half of that scene to figure it out.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Yeah he was 1/2 covered in shadow the whole time. His voice tipped me off but it took a little while until I could place who the actor was.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BTW, did anyone notice Giancarlo Esposito in this latest episode? It took me about half of that scene to figure it out.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Samurais, tigers, cowboys and indians Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Reviving this thread.

Just finished S1 last night. Will be binging my way through S2 this week.

Really enjoyed S1, definitely a show that you have to be engaged with & paying attention, had to back up a few times to catch something I missed, or a piece of quiet dialog.
Some good twists & a few things I didn't see coming, but good foreshadowing on it (Like Bernard being a host).

May re-watch S1 sometime & I imagine it'll make a lot more sense with the 'time-hops'.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Reviving this thread.

Really enjoyed S1, definitely a show that you have to be engaged with & paying attention, had to back up a few times to catch something I missed, or a piece of quiet dialog.
Some good twists & a few things I didn't see coming, but good foreshadowing on it (Like Bernard being a host).

May re-watch S1 sometime & I imagine it'll make a lot more sense with the 'time-hops'.

Season 2 was a major improvement imo. Are you watching on discs or streaming it? The Season 2 4k discs are reference quality.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Reviving this thread.

Season 2 was a major improvement imo. Are you watching on discs or streaming it? The Season 2 4k discs are reference quality.

Streaming, don't have a 4k player either.
Will consider looking into it in 4k, I can imagine the scenery is great.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Season is a go!! Big Grin

Without spoilers, the initial opening is pretty good with the forethought for the continuing series.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I’m happy with the new series starting. I was watching the Season 1 and 2 to give me a refresh of past events...there are some things that I may need to go back and rewatch again.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Got around to watching the first episode of Season 3 last night. DANG! This looks like a very interesting season.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I watched it today. Delores is gonna fuck some shit up.

It is shaping up to be a good and stylish season.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, this is going to be interesting!

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally watched S3E1 last night. Slow-ish start, but I get them needing to build up a new storyline & develop new characters. Looking forward to the season & seeing where they take it.

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, this is going to be interesting!

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
for what ever reason I never watched season 2,,

so now I am, after catching about 15 minutes of a season 3 episode (flipping channels and stumbled across it and stopped,,, funny how that happens)

2 episodes in and enjoying it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post