Notify
Tools

Westworld Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Amazing writing.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ford is not dead. His clone is probably the one being created in that small outside lab where Bernard killed Theresa.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The giggle the chick with the snake tattoo made when she fired her weapon...I'm in love.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
And we were introduced to Samuri World.

But damn. Good episode.

East World?

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That could have been the series finale and I'd be satisfied.

Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Great ending for the first season. Now the wait for Season 2. Read it may be 2018 due to the difficulty involved filming this show.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed with this closure for the first season. I liked the expression of the narrative writer when he opens cold storage and nothing is there.

Looking forward to next season.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So do we know who was controlling Maeve the entire time? Also, wondering if she got caught by the security team at the end.

I hope the Man in Black is back next season or will they create new hosts from all the people they murdered?

As others said, incredible first season and really, they could have finished the series with that finale.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I think it was Ford who altered Maeve. And she hopped off the train to head back to rescue her 'daughter'. So no clue if the bomb in her neck was ever deactivated or not.

As for the New Narrative attacking the board, good ending. And I am interested in seeing what happens next. Does Maeve take over with Bernard? Or does WW become a Terminator's version of Lord of the Flies?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
That's the way it should have been. What a bunch of bullshit. "Oh, high ratings, so, we'll have anther season and just draw this shit out as much as possible."

Damn, at least the movie was over in less than two hours. Roll Eyes

No no Anthony Hopkins now. Yeah, that makes this series better, doesn't it?

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
That's the way it should have been. What a bunch of bullshit. "Oh, high ratings, so, we'll have anther season and just draw this shit out as much as possible."

I bet Anthony Hopkins comes back as a host, I think the whole Bernard/Arnold thing was a test run for Ford. I'm convinced Ford was building his new body in the old underground lab.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 72Bruins:
Ford is not dead. His clone is probably the one being created in that small outside lab where Bernard killed Theresa.

Or his clone is the one that was actually shot...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I think it was Ford who altered Maeve. And she hopped off the train to head back to rescue her 'daughter'. So no clue if the bomb in her neck was ever deactivated or not.

As for the New Narrative attacking the board, good ending. And I am interested in seeing what happens next. Does Maeve take over with Bernard? Or does WW become a Terminator's version of Lord of the Flies?

They made a new Maeve, I think. Wasn't the skeleton that they put a new vertebra (presumably without a bomb) in a new Maeve?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by 72Bruins:

Or his clone is the one that was actually shot...

Either are reasonable guesses.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A coworker referenced an interview somewhere that the writers have a clearly defined 5-season arc for the show. I'm hoping this is true and I'm trying to find the information.

I'd like a well told story that has a clear beginning and well-written, intended, ending. Yes I hope this doesn't turn into something they finally shut down because it's tired and boring.

EDIT - I guess google has quite a few results. Sheesh. There are tons of articles like this one: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9...lanned-james-marsden

Or maybe it doesn't look like anything to me...?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

A coworker referenced an interview somewhere that the writers have a clearly defined 5-season arc for the show. I'm hoping this is true and I'm trying to find the information.

I'd like a well told story that has a clear beginning and well-written, intended, ending. Yes I hope this doesn't turn into something they finally shut down because it's tired and boring.

EDIT - I guess google has quite a few results. Sheesh. There are tons of articles like this one: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9...lanned-james-marsden

Or maybe it doesn't look like anything to me...?

That is good news. If there is a clear story, then the show don't descend into just being an action/adventure soap opera with robots, banging on, ad infinitum.

It is no guarantee that new seasons will be as good, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
A five year arc can be good, if they have one. babylon5 used one, and it payed off in the third and fourth season. Fifth season was a mess since the show as threatened to be canceled, so the producer shoved as much of season 5 into season 4 to get a conclusion.

But if the humanoid robots start saying 'they have a plan', 'frak', and 'so say we all', then the show has gone off the rails.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thy just need to go all Boardwalk Empire and just freakin' kill everybody.

In 14 months or whenever HBO decides to give us a new season (you know it's true), I doubt I'll even give a shit any more.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
That season finale was mesmerizing.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Achievement Unlocked
Picture of SIGnul 9
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thy just need to go all Boardwalk Empire and just freakin' kill everybody.

In 14 months or whenever HBO decides to give us a new season (you know it's true), I doubt I'll even give a shit any more.

Yep. Minimum 13 months.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/westwor...ntil-2018-1789702071

This is one of the few signals that can't be caught or blocked; when a process is sent SIGKILL, it never runs again. This is signal 9, as in the ever-popular kill -9

Posts: 1050 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post