New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westworld Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
And is anyone else thinking those cold storage units will be a problem later?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

So, it blows my mind that these idiots didn't pick up a phone and call QA the first time Maeve wakes up. Okay, they thought it was an honest mistake and they didn't want to get fired. But the next few times? An Android that can clearly override her sleep command? Fuck that noise. I'd have QA down there in a second.

Well the character that the asian actor plays is fascinated by Maeve's abilities, to say the least. He doesn't necessarily want to stop her.

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
And is anyone else thinking those cold storage units will be a problem later?

Yep, I think they'll be Ford's or Arnold's personal army when the board tries to push him out.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Awww man, things are getting crazy...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Tonights show was very interesting and I am really really liking this series.

The only piece that I need clarification is the brush up the nose? Does that clear the memory or scramble the host brain to de-comission them? I have to watch the past episodes and I remember seeing that being done on another hosts.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
Tonights show was very interesting and I am really really liking this series.

The only piece that I need clarification is the brush up the nose? Does that clear the memory or scramble the host brain to de-comission them? I have to watch the past episodes and I remember seeing that being done on another hosts.

That's how I took it.

BEWWARE: SPOILERS BE HERE

I thought it was pretty cool how they revealed Bernard to be a host. He couldn't "see" the door and he gave the reaction of "looks like nothing to me" when he viewed his own schematics.

I suppose the CEO chick that he killed got to view her replacement at the end in Ford's basement.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed last nights episode. I didn't see the reveal coming right up until it was just about revealed. Well done show runners.

EDIT - I just watched the episode again at lunch. Anthony fucking Hopkins is amaaaazing. The subtleties that he uses when delivering his lines are shiver-inducing.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
It doesn't looking like anything to me.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
If anyone has signed up for the e-mail, you have received this, but to those that have not...and carefully if you click on the "West World" logo.

Dear Delos Employee,
For internal review ONLY, Park Director Dr. Ford has outlined the future of Westworld. Please take a look here. Note that this is confidential and exclusively available for planning purposes.
Best regards,
Westworld Guest Relations

Hmm, is this what the future will bring...

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearlaker
posted Hide Post
Sir Hopkins character Ford makes me think of Aldous Huxley's Ford in Brave New World.
Fantastic series!

" GET BACK LORRETAA!! "

Posts: 79 | Location: Utah | Registered: February 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Interacted with the Westworld Website a bit.

Fun facts about the Westworld safety engine.

It is largely autonomous (computer controlled), and only feeds information to human operators on a need-to-know basis for intervention. Operators get to decide how they want situations handled, balancing guest autonomy against safety and the cost of damaging too many host units.

The park tries to maintain a 10-to-1 host to guest level, and uses algorithms to try to keep groups of guests separated from others. Hosts will entice guests into story lines that tend to keep guests away from each other.

The guns fire real bullets, but the bullet velocities are reduced when the guns are pointed at guests. Small pyrotechnic effects are computer approved, larger ones are are escalated to a human operator.

The hosts are programmed with Good Samaritan protocols to keep guests from hurting each other. Hosts will intervene, en masse if necessary, to keep guests from stabbing, bashing, or throwing each other off of cliffs. This includes the animals. The park tries to make this as seamless as possible (a wolf to scare people back from a cliff, a horse that drags its rider away from a fight).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool information thanks for sharing.

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Well, it sets it up for when the hosts turn against the guests. The computer controlling the safety protocols could easily turn all the guns to live fire.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What are Delores and White Hat looking for with that river valley?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What are Delores and White Hat looking for with that river valley?

not sure ,,

but surely it will be interesting with a plot twist or 2,,

and saw that it was renewed for next year,,, awesome

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

and saw that it was renewed for next year,,, awesome

Maaaaaaaybe. I'd hate to see them renew only just to not ever get anywhere with the story. It feels like we're moving to some very real conflict, and if it never happens, people will divest from the series, like BSG. (IMO)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
We did get confirmation that there are two different timelines taking place. I am still not sure exactly how far apart they are though.

Posts: 2287 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Achievement Unlocked
Picture of SIGnul 9
posted Hide Post
After the last episode it looks like 3 different time periods:

-Delores in the town during robot training
-Delores with William with the town empty and church torn up
-Delores in the "current" timeline with the church buried

This is one of the few signals that can't be caught or blocked; when a process is sent SIGKILL, it never runs again. This is signal 9, as in the ever-popular kill -9

Posts: 1050 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnul 9:

I thought the skeleton steeple was the one with William.

Achievement Unlocked
Picture of SIGnul 9
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnul 9:

I thought the skeleton steeple was the one with William.

Yeah "church torn up" Big Grin

This is one of the few signals that can't be caught or blocked; when a process is sent SIGKILL, it never runs again. This is signal 9, as in the ever-popular kill -9

Posts: 1050 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post