SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone recognize this holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone recognize this holster? Login/Join 
posted
http://images6.fanpop.com/imag...427777-2250-3000.jpg

eddie wears one on the take two tv show

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Standard 3 slot pancake holster. Several different companies like Gould and Goodrich, DeSantis, and Galco make them. the one in the picture you posted looks like a DeSantis with the retention screw. One of my favorite holsters, I can change it from mid belt tilt to a high ride depending on clothing. Yes, I am an admitted holster whore, I recognized I have a problem.......I was buying holsters for pistols I was GOING to get.......pity me. Frown

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I realize this is a TV publicity photo, but I wonder why they didn't snap the thumb break.

(I agree that it looks like a Galco. It is a common design, though.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize this is a TV publicity photo, but I wonder why they didn't snap the thumb break.

Most likely because the holster is not made for the pistol in the photo and the strap doesn't fit. But then again, it might just be an oversight...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
It is a DeSantis, I believe “Thumb Break Scabbard” model.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
quote:

Most likely because the holster is not made for the pistol in the photo and the strap doesn't fit. But then again, it might just be an oversight...

Strap looks to me it has plenty of room to snap. Most likely wearer and/or the prop man has no knowledge of guns and holsters.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know it when I posted , but I can magnify the holster only , in that pic.

All that gun showing ,out of the holster threw me,

the fat part of the thumb strap is meant to be around the top.

I agree , maybe the wrong holster for that gun

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I didn't know it when I posted , but I can magnify the holster only , in that pic.

All that gun showing ,out of the holster threw me,

the fat part of the thumb strap is meant to be around the top.

I agree , maybe the wrong holster for that gun

The gun looks like it fits - if you look carefully, the back part of the holster looks like it fully covers the trigger guard and comes up to the grip of the pistol.

The reason it looks like there's a lot of gun sticking out of the holster is that there's a notch cut down the front of the holster where it covers the top of the slide. This sort of notch is pretty common in holsters, particularly holsters intended for competition or holsters intended to ride high on the body.

The point of the notch is that the initial, purely vertical part of the draw can be shorter - you can start to swing the gun up in front of you sooner in the draw.

You see it in competition holsters because anything that can shave a fraction of a second off of your draw is an advantage (the ultimate expression of this idea are the competition holsters that don't cover the top of the slide AT ALL, they just have a little nub that sticks in the muzzle of the gun and a bit that grips the trigger guard - you draw the gun about 1/2" and the holster completely releases the gun).

You see it in holsters that ride really high because a purely vertical draw that high on your body feels pretty unnatural.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post