SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Undoing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Undoing? Login/Join 
posted
No thread on this show on HBO? Pretty damn good, and well-acted for the most part. My wife and I are enjoying the show.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying it so far. I have never liked Hugh Grant, and I find his character here played the exact same as he seems to play every other character he's ever played. Nonetheless, it is a good story done well. Just not used to seeing shows 1 episode per week.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I love it.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some interesting twists and turns. Wife and I are really enjoying it.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Pretty good series. Wife and I both enjoy courtroom dramas with twists and turns. I've got a theory about who-done-it that I proclaimed half way through the second episode. It's still alive and we'll see how it turns out. HBO really puts out some entertaining and well made mini series.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yeah we like it also. Almost goes without saying that it's going to be well-written, well-acted, and well-filmed. HBO is still a cut above everybody else in making quality content, imo.

I like how they are using Grant's charm against him a little bit. Nice casting. I have not seen the latest episode, but Donald Sutherland's character is now our leading suspect.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Donald Sutherland has refined a new character for himself.

The last scene this week was a sheer surprise for us.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
***Spoiler.. Go away if you haven't watched yet but plan to.***

The ending really disappointed me (wife too) It was such a well done mini series but the ending was like the writers mailed it in. Better had he jumped.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
***Spoiler.. Go away if you haven't watched yet but plan to.***

The ending really disappointed me (wife too) It was such a well done mini series but the ending was like the writers mailed it in. Better had he jumped.

***Reply to SPOILER comment***

I agree that the ending was a total letdown. Hugh Grant's character motivations made no sense.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I disagree... He was such a narcissist that I think it could be seen 2 ways. Throughout the show everything he did was to manipulate those around him, especially his wife and son. So either he hopped up there to manipulate them into trying to save him or...
He actually did plan on jumping but only because he thought he'd totally lost them. Once he saw their reaction, to scream and run to him, there was no way he was going to jump. He thought his wife was running for him while she was actually running for her son. But that's his narcissitic delusion again.

I was prepared for a big switcheroo and someone else having killed her, but the truth is often much simpler. I thought the ultimate sequence of events and the filming was fantastic, as well as the acting.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I disagree... He was such a narcissist that I think it could be seen 2 ways. Throughout the show everything he did was to manipulate those around him, especially his wife and son. So either he hopped up there to manipulate them into trying to save him or...
He actually did plan on jumping but only because he thought he'd totally lost them. Once he saw their reaction, to scream and run to him, there was no way he was going to jump. He thought his wife was running for him while she was actually running for her son. But that's his narcissitic delusion again.

I was prepared for a big switcheroo and someone else having killed her, but the truth is often much simpler. I thought the ultimate sequence of events and the filming was fantastic, as well as the acting.

***Still Spoilers so go away if you don't want to know***

While I don't disagree with your comprehensive assessment, the ending still left me a little unsatisfied. Like I said I'd have felt better had he jumped, and Kidman and the kid just looked down at the abyss, hugged then walked way holding each other. Acting and production was suburb though. Still, another A for HBO miniseries that had me anticipating the next episode.

-D.H. Lawrence

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife had to point out to me, mom and son never looked back at him. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post